Commercial Metals
www.commercialmetals.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Diverse company redefining its identity

Manager (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

I have been working at Commercial Metals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have seen this company grow from a Mom-and-Pop family-style atmosphere to a corporate environment. This change was necessary for growth, but there have been many pains and many good people lost along the way. Still, many of the employees retain those original values and are really what makes CMC a fine place to work.

ConsWith the growth, many new managers have been hired that do not hold the same values as the rest of the company. They are your stereotypical bureaucratic and highly political managers that you find in a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI agree it is time CMC had a culture of performance and accountability, but you also need to embrace the core values and celebrate what has also made CMC great: its employees.

No complaints.

Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee)
Cayce, SC

I have been working at Commercial Metals full-time for more than a year

Pros: There is a very strong emphasis on safety, the pay… Cons: Some of the administrative and logistical processes can be slow… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Put in a lot of hard work, with not much return

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

I worked at Commercial Metals full-time

Pros: It's a company that can give an employee many opportunities to grow, if you are in the right department and… Cons: You can easily become "stuck" at the same salary, the same position for years. You really* have to push for what you want. Many tenured employees..makes… Advice to Senior Management: You have to take care of the people first, then the rest will be golden. Realize that the company is made up of people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Commercial Metals.

Worked for Commercial Metals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Commercial Metals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Commercial Metals CEO Joe Alvarado. All reviews posted anonymously by Commercial Metals employees.