There are newer employer reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Great place to work

I have been working at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Pros

Flexible lifestyle,training and big bonuses.Very agile and ITIL focussesd which is good for your experieince and maiking you more attractive for future jobs.

Cons

A heavy handed top down approach in management. Due to excessive processes there is lots od red tape which sometimes defeats the agile mindset promoted by the organization.

The only advise I can offer management is to send line and team managers on behavioural and soft skill trainings.

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent

Former Employee - Analyst in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Pros

CBA has very good management team in terms of support and respect. The work environment is greate too. Great communications between teams. Work/life balance is good.

Cons

Maybe the Commonwealth Bank of Australia should pay more. during my internship, I think it is very good to have a radio/tv station in every office, where the tv broadcasts birthdays of employees on that day and all the staff in the team would stand up and sing a happy birthday song to the person. it is very sweet to do so, makes employees more satisfied and loyal to the firm.

Excellent leadership. The leaders are all very capable and able to provide constructive feedback to me in time. Maybe the management team should relax for a bit sometimes.

2. They say they're all about Customer Service but sometimes they do not allow the best customer service.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (Teller) in Adelaide (Australia)

I worked at Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Pros

Great benefits with insurance, accounts and credit facilities. Very up to date facilities and uniforms supplied and refreshed every year.

Cons

Not as much about customer service as they claim. Sales targets too high and expected to do too much out of your area. Management also really has no idea on how a lot of things work.

Management could undergo some serious reviewing as when it comes to Branch Support, there is next to nothing and they seem not to understand what goes on in branches.

There are newer employer reviews for Commonwealth Bank of Australia