Communicare Health Services

There are newer employer reviews for Communicare Health Services

RN Supervisor

Current Employee - Nurse in Berea, OH
Current Employee - Nurse in Berea, OH

I have been working at Communicare Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a few decent nurses there, rumor has it other communicare facilities are not as poorly run as this one.

Cons

Continually extremely short staffed on nights, work multiple units plus responsibilities, DON never responds and doesn't care. Management doesn't support staff leaves us to drown. Always short large number of nurses due to people unhappy with the way they are treated. DON doesnt know most do staff, so they will say no to anything requested by her. The few staff that didn't quit with this administration says this is the worst it's ever been. You have seniority if you have been employed around a year. Management comes in and goes as they please, if they have an obligation it's okay but god forbid if you help out all the time and you need something. We all track when they get in and when they go. Biggest thing is no support, they will watch you sink like the titanic and not even care. We can be short 2 or more nurses and they must have forgot how to be a nurse. Soon they will remember because there isn't anyone left. Corporate hr is reaching out asking why so many nurses are leaving, and has us contact people to see their response but its just not good enough. 3 DON's in 2 years, it's gone down hill since I started and I'm on my way to another facility where the nurses are long term.

Support your staff when they need it before there isn't one last employee or nurse left. Staff the schedule or work like every other place does, none of the 4 adon's or DON work the night shift and dont even know the staff that doesn't get them to comply. Disorganization and no accountability because everyone's got to leave by 3 pm. Whatever with this turn over corporate is already assessing the situation. Treat your staff like their human beings. Accountability.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Communicare Health Services (View Most Recent)

I wouldn't send my dog to be put down here! chardon, ohio location

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chardon, OH
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Chardon, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have plenty of hours to pick up as a nurse.

Cons

Be careful not to care too much because there are inside clicks, like high school, who do not want you to shine and make them look bad. These are usually the upper managers that don't do anything all day! They need to fire them and start new. The have set rules, but they only thing only certain ppl, usually outside the click, needs to follow. This place is nasty. They treat these folks any kind of way. They always cut hours because they constantly lose their patients (residents). Then they can't keep staff because of the way they treat ppl. Do urself a favor if they don't do you one first. Don't put ur family here and don't work for them. This company is going down in the dumps! They hire anyone with a pulse.

Hey, corporate! You need to check whose running ur places because all of them are not fit to do the job!

Poor management, ever changing priorities

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Communicare Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While it varies greatly on your manager, corporate employees enjoy a great deal of flexibility in their schedules. The vision of the CEO - while never fulfilled - is inspiring.

Cons

Management is incompetent and forever reinventing the wheel to address the most recent problem. Politics is the name of the game with most of the big corporate players.

The CEO needs to pay closer attention to what his other senior leadership is up to. If they had the heart of Mr. Rosedale, the company would be a success regardless of the economic environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Communicare Health Services