Community Care (WI)

www.communitycareinc.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Community Care (WI)

Great co-workers but management expects too much from employees.

Current Employee - RN Care Manager in Sheboygan, WI
Current Employee - RN Care Manager in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Community Care (WI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, good pay, good benefits. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Paperwork is impossible to keep up. Management is starting to micromanage everything. Favorites are chosen by management. Management doesn't support the staff and the answer to everything is thats what the state wants.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees , take employees advise as they have a lot of experience and have great suggestions. Make expectations clear and equal for all employees. Support your staff they work many hours of overtime for free!!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. unappreciated...overworked...underpaid.

Former Employee - Case Manager in Racine, WI
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Racine, WI

I worked at Community Care (WI) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I believe in the mission... Respect, Dignity, Quality of Life, etc...

Cons

Time and talents of employees are not appreciated. Unrealistic demands are placed on individuals. Work load is high, compassion does not exist.

Advice to Management

Value your staff. Treat them with dignity and respect as you expect them to treat your customers. Be accountable. Demeaning people and distroying self-esteem is unprofessional and wrong. Be responsible. Be compassionate...

2. Good experience overall

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at Community Care (WI) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I felt that management considered my input and valued my opinions more often than not. I appreciated the mostly flexible schedule and could flex my days when needed. The management did not micromanage and they usually had my back when it came to controversial decisions.

Cons

The work load is heavy for the nurses. All managers were social workers so it was difficult for them to understand the demands on the nurses or how to adjust those demands accordingly. The paperwork and authorizations were heavy for the nurses as well, and it was not usually spelled out how we were supposed to make those financial decisions. We had to figure it out as we went and hope that we were doing the right thing.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if the nurse to member ratio was not as high as you have it. I know that might be acceptable industry wide, but it is too much. Nurses are split between at least two social workers, often more than that and that is hard on the nurses. The ratio should not be any more than one nurse to 65 members. That would be much more acceptable and you won't have the nursing turnover that you are currently seeing.