Community College of Denver
ccd.rightchoice.org Denver, CO

It was a good idea, but reality

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsDowntown location. ability to teach a wide variety of courses. Most of my fellow workers are friendly and helpful. Good hours, and plenty of freedom in creating the kind of class that you want to make for the students.

ConsLack of financial resources by college; low pay. Lack of benefits; reliance on adjunct faculty; no benefits; the students sometimes try hard, but sometimes you have to convince yourself to make it work. Lab equiptment, supplies, and other resources are in short demand and it forces you to improvise. Organization of courses is not always the best and courses are sometimes given to faculty a few days after the course begins.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is needed big time; cut the amount of senior management and make faculty the top. figure out a way to work with metro state college since you're so close.

Leadership was tough

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Community College of Denver full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Student centered faculty and staff. Great setting- very diverse with multiple campuses.… Cons: Leadership mistrusted staff and middle managers to do their work. Somewhere along the… Advice to Senior Management: Trust in staff. Bring back a sense of community. Lead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A Foot-in-the-door Kinda Place--Good Employees Don't Last Long

Emrollment Services (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Community College of Denver full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, I met a lot of nice people who care about the students. I… Cons: Middle management has no leadership training, there is no flexibility in hours or work/life balance. Lack of strong work ethic… Advice to Senior Management: Train your managers on how to (and more importantly, how NOT to) motivate your employees.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Community College of Denver.

Worked for Community College of Denver? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Community College of Denver reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Community College of Denver employees.