Community College of Philadelphia

www.ccp.edu
  www.ccp.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Community College of Philadelphia

Good place to get a part time job during you are a student.

Current Employee - Math Tutor in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Math Tutor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Community College of Philadelphia part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment and good studying atmosphere.

Cons

nothing that I feel bad.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Community College of Philadelphia (View Most Recent)

Hard to move up if you are entry level and/or part-time

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

-Great colleagues, new buildings and renovations on all campuses
    -Benefits: great if you are full-time, decent if you are part-time. Tuition remission, dental/medical are fully paid for full-time employees. Tuition remission is 1 class for part-time and 2 classes after 2 years and employees pay into their medical/dental - coverage is great for what you pay.
    -Fun events year-around that foster positive employee morale
    -Diverse staff, faculty, and student population
    -Professional development is there if you take advantage of it (online trainings and every semester on campus)
    -Some members of administration are very encouraging and supportive in helping you utilize your best skills - I feel valued by my supervisor and department
    -Some of the instructors are incredible educators with passion for their jobs

Cons

-Almost no opportunities to move up if you are entry level or part-time - I work 2 jobs to sustain myself. I can't get another job on campus because it would put me in full-time status and they would have to pay benefits - even if you have the skills and excellent performance reviews, if you don't have their narrow definition of "experience" you are stuck in your position.
    -I haven't had a raise in years due to a quarrel between the union and administration
    -Some departments lack communication skills and are not helpful to students
    -Some members of the union have been around for a long time and have grown comfortable with doing very little
    -Some students come to my office often frustrated from being shuffled around by other staff members without clear solutions to their problems.
    -Some instructors are not so passionate about teaching.

-Make your best employees feel valuable and let their annual performance reviews be reflected in their pay or upward mobility within the company
    -Get a contract between the union and administration

Student Ambassador

I have been working at Community College of Philadelphia

Pros

Flexible hours, unique experiences, great people to work with and very accomodating.

Cons

Unorganized and a lot of thinking on your feet/ not knowing what you're going to do.

Lower amount of hours required and less work study like jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Community College of Philadelphia