There are newer employer reviews for Community College of Philadelphia

Blind Leading The Visually Impaired

Current Employee - Associate Professor
Current Employee - Associate Professor

I have been working at Community College of Philadelphia

Pros

Huge student body across an age/abilities spectrum including a large and highly motivated immigrant population along with significant numbers of part time continuing ed professionals seeking career advancement training. If you can teach to this widely varied population then YOU CAN TEACH ANYWHERE!

Cons

College is poorly funded by a bloated city government and main campus is located in a high crime area. Administrators are largely pencil pushing bureaucrats with extremely poor people skills who spend most of their time hiding in their offices so no one will notice their incompetence and lack of knowledge.

Senior management should immediately take some of the college's own courses in psychology, sociology, and elementary business management. Middle echelon management consists largely of fairly knowledgeable and motivated faculty whose advice is largely ignored by the imbeciles flying the plane. These folks should immediately return to the classroom where they'll be more appreciated and better utilized.

reviews filtered by
  1. I was a work study student assisting the Financial aid department with clerical duties or administrative work.

Former Employee - Work Study Student in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Work Study Student in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Community College of Philadelphia part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Theskills I have benefited from was learning to proform clerical duties, maintaining cleaningliness of computers and organize the public area too. Best of all my experiences with Community College of Philadelphia is that they take pride in their students continuing their education in a diverse environment located within the college.

Cons

I am sad to report that I was not allowed as a work-study student, I could not work over twenty hours a week. I enjoyed assisting the Financial aid Administrative employees at Community College of Philadelphia. I had to move on because I had graduated from the college.

I have no advice at this time to management.

One of the best attributes of CCP is the great people.

Former Contractor - Student Worker in Phila, PA
    Former Contractor - Student Worker in Phila, PA

I worked at Community College of Philadelphia as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I always looked forward to going to work, the pleasant working environment was soothing.

Cons

Ironically, some of the students were difficult to deal with. Ironic, because I was a student at the time.

It always pays to treat your staff with dignity and grace.

There are newer employer reviews for Community College of Philadelphia