Community College of Philadelphia

www.ccp.edu

Blind Leading The Visually Impaired

Associate Professor (Current Employee)

ProsHuge student body across an age/abilities spectrum including a large and highly motivated immigrant population along with significant numbers of part time continuing ed professionals seeking career advancement training. If you can teach to this widely varied population then YOU CAN TEACH ANYWHERE!

ConsCollege is poorly funded by a bloated city government and main campus is located in a high crime area. Administrators are largely pencil pushing bureaucrats with extremely poor people skills who spend most of their time hiding in their offices so no one will notice their incompetence and lack of knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should immediately take some of the college's own courses in psychology, sociology, and elementary business management. Middle echelon management consists largely of fairly knowledgeable and motivated faculty whose advice is largely ignored by the imbeciles flying the plane. These folks should immediately return to the classroom where they'll be more appreciated and better utilized.

One of the best attributes of CCP is the great people.

Student Worker (Former Employee) Phila, PA

I worked at Community College of Philadelphia as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: I always looked forward to going to work, the pleasant… Cons: Ironically, some of the students were difficult to deal with.… Advice to Senior Management: It always pays to treat your staff with dignity and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Student helper

Computer Helper (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Community College of Philadelphia part-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay all time, help people Cons: Dont have much timrme to work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Community College of Philadelphia.

Worked for Community College of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!