Community Health Center

www.commhealthcenter.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Center

Brushed aside in a hostile work environment-lack of supervisor assistance where needed

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Akron, OH
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Akron, OH

I have been working at Community Health Center as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Some staff are very inspired and motivated to help clients/consumers, care about what they do and the help they give. Trained staff are qualified and practice client confidentiality, want to help and are the right kind of people to provide assistance and support to people in recovery for drug addictions.

Cons

Supervisor protects bad employees, supervisor doesn't train staff & seems uninterested in quality of staff, high turnover. Staff issues involving dishonesty harms upright staff, they get away with this, don't do their jobs and cause negativity and hostile work environments. Managers not interested in solving staff issues or getting involved, tell staff to "talk to each other to work this out" when some staff have no interest in working anything out to continue deliberately causing problems and continue acting badly. It is hard to keep working in this kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Train the staff, listen to employees with problems with other staff and do something that adds to qualified, quality of service provided to clients. Absent management produces ethical violations in staff who are then fired and clients suffer.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Center

its a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Pros

some co workers; 401K employer match; Christmas bonus

Cons

CEO micromanages, obsesses about things that are unimportant; lack of transparency

Advice to Management

learn to communicate properly; remember why you are here;

2. Don't live up to what they say, in Interview.

I have been working at Community Health Center full-time

Pros

Community Heath Center, does a lot for the Community, and there patients. They have a lot of programs for there patients, to help them get heath insurance, and live healthy. They do a lot of out reach for the community.

Cons

When it comes to school base..Big problems. they make it out to be the best job ever, because your working in a school. But when school is close or there are snow days. if they don;t have work in the main site, you have to use your own PTO time, or if they only have work in, let's say New London and it's to far for you, your out of luck.When school is out, In the summer, worse! They will ask where would you like to work (what main site), and then, put you where they want. I would never have PTO, it would go all to snow days, or days when my APRN was out, I would have to take my time for that too, if they did not have work for me, in a place that would be close. if your going to work here, make sure you have 2 incomes, and money save, For all those snowy days. The Medical Asst, do everything, and are not given the time to make up there work, and it does not help, that every other month, they'll have us doing more work, or give us more to do.Many people stay in this company for 2yrs, then move on.

Advice to Management

Make new Policy for SBHC, that will work and make happy your workers. Atsk, what would help to your workers..And try to work with what they give you. Don't just ask, then never do anything.