Community Health Network (Indiana)

www.ecommunity.com
  www.ecommunity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Network (Indiana)

Very healthy experience, love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am very happy to be a part of Community. My supervisor has encouraged me to seek additional experience so that my resume (as well as my paycheck) can grow. In two years I have been promoted three times. Each promotion was prompted by my supervisor's desire to see my work acknowledged.
The people I encounter on a daily basis are the nicest you will ever meet. I have had some family issues arise during my time with them and my supervisor and co-workers have stood by me. This kind of environment is the healthiest I have ever been a part of.
The benefits are great. Medical is probably pretty standard, but they do offer a wide range of side benefits as well. There is a program called Bridges to Weight Management for those who would like to lose weight in a healthy manner. You work with a physician, a therapist, a dietician and a fitness specialist. No extra cost to you either!
I especially enjoy the discounts offered to employees: tickets to sporting events, symphonies, amusement parks etc. can be gotten cheaper through Community. A great way to keep the workers' morale boosted.

Cons

Can not think of any cons.

Continue to encourage your workers to grow.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Network (Indiana) (View Most Recent)

Lack of respect for the older worker

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was close to where I live and relatively safe environment but.........

Cons

The place doesn't have any respect for their older, long time employees and they began laying off these people under the guise of "phased retirement" whatever that means. It means that if you are close to 62 and you've been there enough time to get your traditional pension then you were phased into retire whether you wanted to or not.

Well when I was there, and I was laid off in 2010, there were 9 CEO's running around in there probably pulling down millions in salaries and golden parachutes. And the rest of us were thrown under the bus. I would still be working, I'm only 64 but the place decided I needed to go with 800 other older baby boomers. Pretty callous and now the layoffs are hitting LPN's here in 2013. I have a neighbor and her sister, who is 58 and there 36 years is getting the axe in Sept 15th. There are making her work until that time and then she will get her severance. At least when they laid me off I got my severance without having to come in and still work. How humiliating!!!!

Was good at one time

I have been working at Community Health Network (Indiana) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good old boy club for leadership is for the most part gone, worker bees are somewhat shielded from the worst of it

Cons

Toxic environment. Bullying and dysfunction are rewarded.
    Constant restructuring and reorganization (same people, slightly different chart), consulting companies, cronyism or disregard for qualifications, multi-million dollar relationship training that is not backed up one week after making the entire network go through it, fantastic new leadership book every 6 months that will be our new standard which all of leadership must read...Dilbert has nothing on this place.
    If you work on Epic and you want to pursue a consulting type of position, CHNW and Epic will
    conspire to blackball you if they want to keep you there. Be prepared with a lawyer.

Grow up. Follow through. Most everything managementwise needs to be blown up and started over.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Network (Indiana)