Community Health Systems

www.chs.net
  www.chs.net
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

A nice local office to work in, although corporate office is constantly looming overhead.

Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN
Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Minimal downtime, excellent technical support, emerging efficiency in processes, general team attitude within the office.

Cons

Unclear direction from regional supervisors at times, uncompetitive salary, confidence in corporation as a whole is low, especially with clinical staff.

Set definitive guidelines on operational procedures and ensure all necessary parties are informed of them.

208 Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems (View Most Recent)

Cummunity Health Systems is a company that is in over their heads!

Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is average, benefits are average. If you are looking for a place to go to work, do your job, and go home, this company might be for you.

Cons

This company is the 5th company I have worked for in my 25 years at my local hospital and is by far the worst as far as being employee friendly. They treat employees like idiots who cannot think for themselves, the old "my way or the highway" even if their way is wrong. They micro manage and are in over their heads, and cannot keep up with the facilities they own. Might be okay in rural settings but not in larger communities. As a retired RN/System Analyst, I work part time because I enjoy the work and my co-workers. If I were younger and looking for a full time job I would look elsewhere.

Listen to the people that work for you. Find a way to make your different departments more aware of each other. It appears that no one knows who is doing what. And give up the micro management. It only reveals the weaknesses in your company.

Treats their contractors like they are dogs

Former Employee - Clinical Analyst Contractor in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Clinical Analyst Contractor in Franklin, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most general employees are great.

Cons

when it comes to management they are old school, stuffy suit and tie types who demand 60 hours worth of work in a 40 hour week, none of which can be done remotely. If you aren't in the building, you aren't working. They can't keep their full time staff because of the low pay. They have high turnover. They had management come into a major systems area and completely clean house of all contractors without notice, which is unprofessional in the consulting world. They also had a management mass exodus. where they had sr vp and all directors and manager leave at the same time but one.

its time for the cio and several vps to go.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems