Community Health Systems
www.chs.net Franklin, TN 5000+ Employees

You are a number, and that's it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Brentwood, TN

ProsIf you keep out of the politics and just do your job, you can learn a LOT in the IS/IT department in a very short amount of time. CHS is a great company to learn at.

ConsYou are a number. Accept it. Deal with it. Do not expect to understand why executives do the things they do. Politics, like in any big corporation, are rampant at all levels. There is a lot of dead weight in the middle management tiers that should probably be gutted. Death by process is common in certain areas and micro-management by certain C level executives(CIO) is pretty bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat can I tell you that you already don't know? People are cattle. As long as they are happy to have a job, they won't rock the boat. You know that. I know that. If only the "cattle" longed for greener pastures. Then you would have to treat them better. Oh, and lose the ties. Nobody likes them. Especially the engineers who never see their clients.

A nice local office to work in, although corporate office is constantly looming overhead.

Patient Intake Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros: Minimal downtime, excellent technical support, emerging efficiency in processes, general… Cons: Unclear direction from regional supervisors at times, uncompetitive salary, confidence… Advice to Senior Management: Set definitive guidelines on operational procedures and ensure all necessary… More

Cummunity Health Systems is a company that is in over their heads!

Retired RN/Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Compensation is average, benefits are average. If you are looking for a place to… Cons: This company is the 5th company I have worked for in my 25 years at my local hospital and is by far the worst as… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the people that work for you. Find a way to make your different departments more aware of each other. It… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Community Health Systems.

Worked for Community Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Community Health Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Community Health Systems CEO Wayne T. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Community Health Systems employees.