Community Health Systems

www.chs.net
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

You are a number, and that's it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you keep out of the politics and just do your job, you can learn a LOT in the IS/IT department in a very short amount of time. CHS is a great company to learn at.

Cons

You are a number. Accept it. Deal with it. Do not expect to understand why executives do the things they do. Politics, like in any big corporation, are rampant at all levels. There is a lot of dead weight in the middle management tiers that should probably be gutted. Death by process is common in certain areas and micro-management by certain C level executives(CIO) is pretty bad.

What can I tell you that you already don't know? People are cattle. As long as they are happy to have a job, they won't rock the boat. You know that. I know that. If only the "cattle" longed for greener pastures. Then you would have to treat them better. Oh, and lose the ties. Nobody likes them. Especially the engineers who never see their clients.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems (View Most Recent)

A nice local office to work in, although corporate office is constantly looming overhead.

Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Minimal downtime, excellent technical support, emerging efficiency in processes, general team attitude within the office.

Cons

Unclear direction from regional supervisors at times, uncompetitive salary, confidence in corporation as a whole is low, especially with clinical staff.

Set definitive guidelines on operational procedures and ensure all necessary parties are informed of them.

Cummunity Health Systems is a company that is in over their heads!

Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is average, benefits are average. If you are looking for a place to go to work, do your job, and go home, this company might be for you.

Cons

This company is the 5th company I have worked for in my 25 years at my local hospital and is by far the worst as far as being employee friendly. They treat employees like idiots who cannot think for themselves, the old "my way or the highway" even if their way is wrong. They micro manage and are in over their heads, and cannot keep up with the facilities they own. Might be okay in rural settings but not in larger communities. As a retired RN/System Analyst, I work part time because I enjoy the work and my co-workers. If I were younger and looking for a full time job I would look elsewhere.

Listen to the people that work for you. Find a way to make your different departments more aware of each other. It appears that no one knows who is doing what. And give up the micro management. It only reveals the weaknesses in your company.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems