Community Health Systems
www.chs.net Franklin, TN 5000+ Employees

Dog eat dog culture

Technology (Current Employee)
Franklin, TN

ProsThey offer interesting benefits but...

ConsBenefits are difficult to use (such as vacation). There's no time to rest. Rush rush rush. My leadership wouldn't allow me to enjoy my multiple vacation attempts because of emergencies that really weren't critical, but political. Weekend --GONE. Family life -- GONE. The politics are incredibly vicious. The culture is consistently dog-eat-dog from top to bottom, no team work..

It's my opinion this ultimately affects health care delivery. I'm only still at this job until I find another place to land.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture starting at the B level and work it down to the managers to be team oriented. The caustic leadership needs to go if you want to retain new talent.

Don't be fooled by the glamor.

(Former Employee)

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: I don't work there anymore. The building is very pretty and tall… Cons: I was terminated after being falsely accused of something I didn't do, the day after a new person was hired to my department who knew… Advice to Senior Management: Hire middle management who know more about the job description than the people they supervise, and who are willing to actually manage, delegate, and make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Project Help

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good teams at the project level Cons: Layoffs, project failures, look bad for good project managers, needs… Advice to Senior Management: Hire managers that have education and experience. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Community Health Systems.

Worked for Community Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Community Health Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Community Health Systems CEO Wayne T. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Community Health Systems employees.