There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

Don't be fooled by the glamor.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't work there anymore. The building is very pretty and tall and nice and there is a large parking lot with nice bushes.

Cons

I was terminated after being falsely accused of something I didn't do, the day after a new person was hired to my department who knew more about the type of work than I did and was also being paid less than I was. Coincidence? I think not. They make all hourly employees get out the door the minute they reach their hours, but salaried are expected to work all the time. I learned after beginning there that many times, people just disappear, without any explanation or warning--their stuff is packed and they're escorted out, and none of the current employees are allowed to talk about it. Future CHS employees, beware. I wish I had found this site before starting there.

Advice to Management

Hire middle management who know more about the job description than the people they supervise, and who are willing to actually manage, delegate, and make the decisions instead of just wanting to run around doing the underdogs' work. Or better yet, cut the middle layers of unnecessary management. And ease up. I know it's corporate, but I didn't even get a chance to defend myself in the face of the false accusations. Ridiculous.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dog eat dog culture

Current Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer interesting benefits but...

Cons

Benefits are difficult to use (such as vacation). There's no time to rest. Rush rush rush. My leadership wouldn't allow me to enjoy my multiple vacation attempts because of emergencies that really weren't critical, but political. Weekend --GONE. Family life -- GONE. The politics are incredibly vicious. The culture is consistently dog-eat-dog from top to bottom, no team work.. It's my opinion this ultimately affects health care delivery. I'm only still at this job until I find another place to land.

Advice to Management

Change the culture starting at the B level and work it down to the managers to be team oriented. The caustic leadership needs to go if you want to retain new talent.

Could be a much better place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corsicana, TX

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most coworkers work together as a team and treat each other as family.

Cons

Management is only pro management. No ideas are welcomed by employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to the heartache and concern of your employees.