If you are willing to work hard, it is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Red Bud, IL
Current Employee - Supervisor in Red Bud, IL

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair and consistent management, tuition reimbursement, good pay, good benefits, 401k match, nice perks for hospital week and other holidays.

Cons

Lots of turnover due to so many competitive health care providers in a small area.

Lots of meetings with lots of upper level team members often lead to nothing. Lessen the meetings and let the directors be on the floor with the staff and patients for better quality care and more respect.

Other Reviews for Community Health Systems

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at the corporate office is laid back and not stressful at all. They are very understanding when you need to take off.

Cons

They change supervisors too often. It seems they're always moving people around.

None

exhausting

Current Employee - Intern  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Intern in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

wonderful co-workers. very tolerant of chaos

Cons

mass disorganization. Possibly due to growth, but never staffed, frequently unsafe situations for patients. No push for expanding education. No reimbursement for education. Top management entirely to corporate oriented. They are not looking at the needs of the patient. Ratings are poor due to poor organization and management

Pay attention to what staff is telling you. Stop defending corporate decisions when you know it is not in the interest of the patient. It seems the company is about the bottom dollar. Frequently short staffed, but that is ok as long as your paper work says you have carried out your duties. We are taking care of patients here, not building car parts. We can not possibly satisfy our patients if we do not have the time or equipment to take care of the needs of our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems.

Worked for Community Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!