There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at the corporate office is laid back and not stressful at all. They are very understanding when you need to take off.

Cons

They change supervisors too often. It seems they're always moving people around.

None

199 Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems (View Most Recent)

If you are willing to work hard, it is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Red Bud, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Red Bud, IL

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fair and consistent management, tuition reimbursement, good pay, good benefits, 401k match, nice perks for hospital week and other holidays.

Cons

Lots of turnover due to so many competitive health care providers in a small area.

Lots of meetings with lots of upper level team members often lead to nothing. Lessen the meetings and let the directors be on the floor with the staff and patients for better quality care and more respect.

Great staff, terrible senior management/corporation

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staff is amazing. The teamwork and excellent, knowledgeable staff is the only reason why I haven't left yet... Soon it won't be enough though. Tuition assistance.

Cons

Management cares only about the bottom dollar. Patient safety is constantly at risk to meet budget. Management uses bullying to make their point. Employees aren't allowed to voice their opinions. Its their way or the highway. Management flat out states that we are all replaceable. Pay is equal to other hospitals, but provides no incentive for continuing education. I was hired with my ADN and obtained my MSN while being employed; I was not given any pay difference for this degree advancement. I still make ADN pay. Doesn't celebrate Nurses' Week. Zero appreciation for staff.

Wake up Management! You are loosing valuable employees and expertise that can't be replaced with inexperienced new graduate nurses. There needs to be a balance of expertise and new nurses to make the hospital safe and valued among patients and their families. Bullying is not the answer to creating lasting change. Maybe you should part-take in a leadership course.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems