There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Patient Accounting Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at the corporate office is laid back and not stressful at all. They are very understanding when you need to take off.

Cons

They change supervisors too often. It seems they're always moving people around.

None

195 Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems (View Most Recent)

exhausting

Current Employee - Intern in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Intern in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

wonderful co-workers. very tolerant of chaos

Cons

mass disorganization. Possibly due to growth, but never staffed, frequently unsafe situations for patients. No push for expanding education. No reimbursement for education. Top management entirely to corporate oriented. They are not looking at the needs of the patient. Ratings are poor due to poor organization and management

Pay attention to what staff is telling you. Stop defending corporate decisions when you know it is not in the interest of the patient. It seems the company is about the bottom dollar. Frequently short staffed, but that is ok as long as your paper work says you have carried out your duties. We are taking care of patients here, not building car parts. We can not possibly satisfy our patients if we do not have the time or equipment to take care of the needs of our customers.

Great staff, terrible senior management/corporation

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Staff is amazing. The teamwork and excellent, knowledgeable staff is the only reason why I haven't left yet... Soon it won't be enough though. Tuition assistance.

Cons

Management cares only about the bottom dollar. Patient safety is constantly at risk to meet budget. Management uses bullying to make their point. Employees aren't allowed to voice their opinions. Its their way or the highway. Management flat out states that we are all replaceable. Pay is equal to other hospitals, but provides no incentive for continuing education. I was hired with my ADN and obtained my MSN while being employed; I was not given any pay difference for this degree advancement. I still make ADN pay. Doesn't celebrate Nurses' Week. Zero appreciation for staff.

Wake up Management! You are loosing valuable employees and expertise that can't be replaced with inexperienced new graduate nurses. There needs to be a balance of expertise and new nurses to make the hospital safe and valued among patients and their families. Bullying is not the answer to creating lasting change. Maybe you should part-take in a leadership course.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems