Community Health Systems
www.chs.net Franklin, TN 5000+ Employees

Contract Analyst

Contract Analyst (Current Employee)
Franklin, TN

ProsSome good co-workers; nice office building.

ConsLack of leadership; no incentives-work hard & you just get more work; minimal merit increases; management does not know what is going on; waste too much money on expense accounts (travel); nepitism; leadership is worried about themselves not their team/department as a whole; leadership not approachable, especially w/new ideas; poor technical support; "Old-Boy Network".

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people. Promote within department/company. Get rid of the "you can only get a 10% pay raise if you go to another job" rule. Get rid of the non-producers in your departments. Have mandatory leadership classes, etc. Share information.

Quite disappointed (IT Professional)

Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: - IT Specialists and below (e.g., Application Analysts, etc.) are very enjoyable to work with, very motivated, and willing to learn; some of the most… Cons: - Oftentimes, the phrase "fast-paced" is tossed around with respect to the CHS culture; this is simply untrue in the general sense of the phrase.… Advice to Senior Management: Reconsider who is leading information technology in the company, from the very top to the very bottom. Seriously. Time just passes folks by and in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

CHS IT

IT Executive (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big Company, Focus==Helping People, Great Benefits, Average Pay, Leading Edge… Cons: Big Company, Focus==Healthcare==Super Critical All the time Advice to Senior Management: Trust you people, they believe in you, you need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Community Health Systems.

Worked for Community Health Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Community Health Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Community Health Systems CEO Wayne T. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Community Health Systems employees.