There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

Most areas are great and overall it is a good company. A few areas are mismanaged and rogue

Former Employee - Director in Franklin, TN
Former Employee - Director in Franklin, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is quality care focused and promotes an emphasis on regulatory compliance. Company has a strong core competence and is stable.

Cons

Some departments/areas are great as the executive management of those areas are competent and have a focus on getting the job done well and are willing to dig in and help. However, there are some areas, which you will find in all large companies, where the upper management is allowed to perform outside of the norm and/or there is not enough oversight of that area that others really know the extent of what goes on in those areas. It is those areas that need the most scrutiny.

Advice to Management

Perform random and anonymous peer and management reviews in all areas to determine if there is a consistent pattern in particular areas that needs to be addressed. This would apply to your corporate as well as subsidiary entities. Although retaliation is not tolerated, it is still a real concern as there are ways that it can be done and made to appear non-retaliatory specifically in subsidiary entities where corporate is less involved.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems

Looking for a great company? Keep looking... (Corp Employee)

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay isn't bad to start out, other than that.. not much else.

Cons

Zero loyalty to current employees, would rather high externally than internally. Very very rarely does anybody get a raise that one would bat an eye at. Not easy to move between departments and get promotions. If you do get a promotion to another team or dept there is an internal policy of no more than 7% raise. Most people leave the company for 6 months and then come back to the position they want and then they get the salary they deserve. If you don't work in the HQ you never see the CEO, I work in the office a stones throw away from the HQ and I've never seen him or met the man. When I was hired there was no knowledge transfer from the person that was in the position before me, I had to learn it all from scratch with zero help from my management. Health benefits are some of the worst I've seen from a company that makes nearly half a billion a year. I have zero doubt this company will grow and leadership will stay the same, because that's how it's setup to do. The rich get richer while the employees pay huge amounts in insurance and never get raises or promotions.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with your employees better! The fact the CEO makes 25 million a year yet we can't get a raise or a promotion makes me sick. I pay almost $700 a month in insurance for my wife and son, how can that be okay? You've lost touch with the people that work here.

ok place

Former Employee - Office in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Office in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

hours of operation are good

Cons

no room for advancement in the company