Community Hospital of San Bernardino

www.chsb.org
  www.chsb.org
There are newer employer reviews for Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Great hospital to work for. Good work-life balance, challenging work and amazing co-workers

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Pros

Work-life balance was what I loved about this hospital

Cons

A little conservative. Very careful with anything new.

Think outside the box.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Community Hospital of San Bernardino (View Most Recent)

Excellent management. Very supportive.

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was hired by Community Hospital for a per-diem position and my manager knew I was seeking full-time employment. When I was offered a full-time position by another company, she didn't try to guilt trip me into staying in my position or manipulate me as another company did. In fact, she congratulated me and said she was disappointed to see me go, but happy that I had found a position that would offer me the "salary and benefits you deserve. That company is lucky to have you." Only good managers would respond like this! Also, the salary was amazing- $16 dollars higher than what I was being paid at St. Bernardine's Medical Center for the same job in the same city! Also, the staff were exceptional and always very welcoming during my training.

Cons

None, however I was only briefly there and may not have experienced the negative aspects.

I loved working for CHSB.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Community Hospital of San Bernardino part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary and benefits. Staff was like a family. Food in the cafeteria was excellent (by Sodexo) and was also reasonably priced. Management made a real effort to communicate with employees. Staff were recognized for regularly. Management made employee training a priority.

Cons

Extremely conservative management. Many people were laid-off during reorganization in 2011. Hopefully this improved services to the community. After all, that's what it's all about in a community hospital.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Hospital of San Bernardino