Community Hospital of San Bernardino

transporter

Current Employee - Transporter in San Bernardino, CA
Current Employee - Transporter in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Pros

The hospital is part of a large healthcare company, most of the staff is under SEIU ( a union) and the pay and benefits are probably the best in the area.

Cons

The neighborhood around the hospital is pretty rough. There is a lot of gang activity, but if you feel the need to, security would escort you to your car.

Advice to Management

The neuro care unit seems to be the major unit of concern. No one likes working there because they are afraid to be fired over histerical family members of patients, and because some of the RNs are outright disrespectful, not to mention management hasn't appeared to improve its image any(let alone try to).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great hospital to work for. Good work-life balance, challenging work and amazing co-workers

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Pros

Work-life balance was what I loved about this hospital

Cons

A little conservative. Very careful with anything new.

Advice to Management

Think outside the box.

2. Excellent management. Very supportive.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Community Hospital of San Bernardino as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired by Community Hospital for a per-diem position and my manager knew I was seeking full-time employment. When I was offered a full-time position by another company, she didn't try to guilt trip me into staying in my position or manipulate me as another company did. In fact, she congratulated me and said she was disappointed to see me go, but happy that I had found a position that would offer me the "salary and benefits you deserve. That company is lucky to have you." Only good managers would respond like this! Also, the salary was amazing- $16 dollars higher than what I was being paid at St. Bernardine's Medical Center for the same job in the same city! Also, the staff were exceptional and always very welcoming during my training.

Cons

None, however I was only briefly there and may not have experienced the negative aspects.