Community Rehab Associates

www.commrehab.org

Great company, wonderful people

Current Employee - Speech Therapist  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL

Pros

Community Rehab is run for therapists, by therapists. I have had nothing but pleasant interactions with all supervisors and staff. Upon employment, they are welcoming and accomodating to individual needs. The upper management really works hard to ensure that you are placed in a setting that is the right "fit" for you. Clinical Fellowship supervision has been fantastic, and Deborah (my supervisor) is very helpful, observant, and attentive to the CF experience. Overall, it seems that everyone who works for this company is usually in a good mood - and that speaks volumes for the quality of the company itself!

Cons

No way around it - it is contract work. The work can be somewhat inconsistent, and if you are staffed in a school that suddenly fills the position with a permanent therapist, you could be out of work for a while until another placement is found for you. Be prepared for this scenario- otherwise, I have no complaints whatsoever about the company or the people who run it. I have worked for bad, money-hungry contract companies before, and this is definitely not one of them.

Keep doing what you're doing - I love working for this company, and especially appreciate the friendly staff. Even though I have never met many of the behind-the-scenes administration, I feel like I know everyone via their emails. Personal visits from Deborah for CF observation hours were always a joy, and I really appreciated her insightful therapy tips.

Other reviews for Community Rehab Associates

Great company run by good people - I love my job.

Current Employee - SLP  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SLP in Tampa, FL

Pros

CRA really does its best to match therapists with their interests and location requests. The staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. The Clinical Fellowship supervisors take personal interest in each of their CF's (which is rare for a contract company!) and provide helpful feedback and scaffolding. Therapists receive a raise once they obtain their CCC's. I have worked for this company for several months and am very happy with my job. (As a basis of comparison, I worked for a different contract company prior to this one. At the previous company, I felt overworked, under-paid, and expendable). Community Rehab offers a "breath of fresh air" difference in organization, management, and corporate values. The company takes pride in offering good service to the community and I have enjoyed working for them because of it.

Cons

Pay is per-hour, meaning you do not get paid on days you do not work. There is no sick time available and you do not accrue vacation days. As a contract therapist, there is always the chance that the position you are covering could be "filled" at any time by the school district. This has not yet happened to me, but it is a notable risk with any non-salary contract position.

It would be nice to have occasional company events, where we can meet office staff and other employees. I know everyone only via phone and email. However, I really have no complaints as the management is doing a great job!

There are newer employer reviews for Community Rehab Associates.

Worked for Community Rehab Associates? Contribute to the Community!