Community Rehab Associates

There are newer employer reviews for Community Rehab Associates

Great company, wonderful people

Current Employee - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Speech Therapist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Community Rehab is run for therapists, by therapists. I have had nothing but pleasant interactions with all supervisors and staff. Upon employment, they are welcoming and accomodating to individual needs. The upper management really works hard to ensure that you are placed in a setting that is the right "fit" for you. Clinical Fellowship supervision has been fantastic, and Deborah (my supervisor) is very helpful, observant, and attentive to the CF experience. Overall, it seems that everyone who works for this company is usually in a good mood - and that speaks volumes for the quality of the company itself!

Cons

No way around it - it is contract work. The work can be somewhat inconsistent, and if you are staffed in a school that suddenly fills the position with a permanent therapist, you could be out of work for a while until another placement is found for you. Be prepared for this scenario- otherwise, I have no complaints whatsoever about the company or the people who run it. I have worked for bad, money-hungry contract companies before, and this is definitely not one of them.

Keep doing what you're doing - I love working for this company, and especially appreciate the friendly staff. Even though I have never met many of the behind-the-scenes administration, I feel like I know everyone via their emails. Personal visits from Deborah for CF observation hours were always a joy, and I really appreciated her insightful therapy tips.

Community Rehab Associates Response

Sep 17, 2014Marketing/Business Development

One of the things that we pride ourselves in here at CRA is that we are a company run BY therapists and FOR therapists. With Our owner and Director of Services being a licensed Speech-Language ... More

3 Other Employee Reviews for Community Rehab Associates (View Most Recent)

A Wonderful Company To Work For!

Current Employee - Speech Pathologist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Speech Pathologist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (more than an year)

Pros

After being in the profession of speech pathology for over 20 years, I have worked for companies that definitely have not lived up to their promises to us as employees. I have to say that over the years it has been rare to feel from a company that you are valued - at times it seems that you represent a way to get "more money " for them. Community Rehab is such a breath of fresh air because for the first time in a long time I feel like a professional with a human touch! The company treats me with respect and care and I have to say as a veteran in the profession, that it is rare to be treated that way! Thank you Community Rehab for that feeling - I feel professional but human again!

Cons

The only complaint is that I wish I can accrue more hours or time off in cases of sick leave etc. I would love to have the hours roll over from year to year so that when you have an emergency you feel rest assured that things will be alright. That would be my only complaint.

To consider a way to have accrual or hours that roll over from year to year is not only a benefit for the employee but for Community Rehab as well. It would ensure loyalty and longevity for the company. Also considering salaries would be a plus for the employee and employer as well - especially for employees that have but in a longer time with the company.

Great company run by good people - I love my job.

Current Employee - SLP in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SLP in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Community Rehab Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

CRA really does its best to match therapists with their interests and location requests. The staff has been nothing but friendly and helpful. The Clinical Fellowship supervisors take personal interest in each of their CF's (which is rare for a contract company!) and provide helpful feedback and scaffolding. Therapists receive a raise once they obtain their CCC's. I have worked for this company for several months and am very happy with my job. (As a basis of comparison, I worked for a different contract company prior to this one. At the previous company, I felt overworked, under-paid, and expendable). Community Rehab offers a "breath of fresh air" difference in organization, management, and corporate values. The company takes pride in offering good service to the community and I have enjoyed working for them because of it.

Cons

Pay is per-hour, meaning you do not get paid on days you do not work. There is no sick time available and you do not accrue vacation days. As a contract therapist, there is always the chance that the position you are covering could be "filled" at any time by the school district. This has not yet happened to me, but it is a notable risk with any non-salary contract position.

It would be nice to have occasional company events, where we can meet office staff and other employees. I know everyone only via phone and email. However, I really have no complaints as the management is doing a great job!

Community Rehab Associates Response

Sep 17, 2014Marketing/Business Development

Thank you for your review! We love to hear employee feedback on what they loved about working with us and also some things we can work on. We're currently working on putting together a plan to get to ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Community Rehab Associates