Community Renewal Team

Great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Community Renewal Team full-time

Pros

Great benefits not including compensation such as medical, 401k, etc. Really great people dedicated to mission of company.

Cons

Low pay & overworked in multiple departments. Many people do not feel appreciated and are looking for other work, both because of pay, being given more and more work, and lack of management support.

Do skip level meeting to see how each level of management is really doing. Really evaluate how much work can be done in a week before giving more work.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Community Renewal Team (View Most Recent)

My experience at CRT has beenthat you have to be able to go with the flow and change as needed?"

Current Employee - Financial Literacy Coordinator in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Literacy Coordinator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Community Renewal Team full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, sick time, vacation time and great interpersonal relationships.

Cons

Too much to do and not enough time to do it in.

Listen to your staff and stop intimidating them.

Community Renewal focuses on one neighbor, one community, having their best interest at heart.

Current Employee - Haven House Leader in Shreveport, LA
    Current Employee - Haven House Leader in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Community Renewal Team part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Community Renewal's model is to touch your neighbor, one at a time. Making your neighborhood a safer place for you and your kids to live. Most neighbors now a days don't even know one another. Community Renewal helps fund block parties, Plant neighborhood gardens, and have (Haven Leaders) on every block, so that neighbors will stay in touch with one another.This is truly an awesome thing and I love it.

Cons

Some neighbors don't want to be bothered, which leaves a break in the link. This is on a voluntary basis therefore there is no compensation.

The only advice that I can possibly give Management is that, with all the bad neighborhoods in Shreveport, we're going to need a lot more people getting on board.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Renewal Team