Community Renewal focuses on one neighbor, one community, having their best interest at heart.

Current Employee - Haven House Leader  in  Shreveport, LA
Current Employee - Haven House Leader in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at Community Renewal Team part-time for more than a year

Pros

Community Renewal's model is to touch your neighbor, one at a time. Making your neighborhood a safer place for you and your kids to live. Most neighbors now a days don't even know one another. Community Renewal helps fund block parties, Plant neighborhood gardens, and have (Haven Leaders) on every block, so that neighbors will stay in touch with one another.This is truly an awesome thing and I love it.

Cons

Some neighbors don't want to be bothered, which leaves a break in the link. This is on a voluntary basis therefore there is no compensation.

The only advice that I can possibly give Management is that, with all the bad neighborhoods in Shreveport, we're going to need a lot more people getting on board.

Other Reviews for Community Renewal Team

Non-profit organization

I worked at Community Renewal Team for less than a year

Pros

You will gain experience and knowledge of whats its like working for a non-profit organization

Cons

Diversity, and maintaining your integrity

Needs to be more professional and respectful to employees

Chaotic and unchallenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Community Renewal Team full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of down time, flexibility within daily schedule. Great co-worker relationships.

Cons

Management is less than solid, lack of cohesiveness within the program. Most staff are underpaid and have case loads much to large for their time. Staff moral is bad and getting worse.

Do not run the department like a tyranny. Take specific departments' advice on things you are not an expert in.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Renewal Team.

Worked for Community Renewal Team? Contribute to the Community!