Community Services Group, Inc.

www.csgonline.org
  www.csgonline.org
There are newer employer reviews for Community Services Group, Inc.

I would never go back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Community Services Group, Inc.

Pros

Many of the employees are great people. They want to help others and they are dedicated to that.

Cons

Very low compensation. Benefits were horrible, you couldn;t add any dependents to your vision or dental plans. They required employees to use thier PTO on holidays-they didn't give holiday pay. Always reorganizing, they have probably reorganized 3 times in the past 3 years. Promotions and advancement are based on who you know and who you're friends with. Training is also very unorganized.

Stop changing things every 3-6 months. That's not enough time to make changes.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Community Services Group, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Community Services Group does not show value to staff and does not tell the truth to its employees.

Former Employee - Assistant Program Director in Mountville, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Program Director in Mountville, PA

I worked at Community Services Group, Inc.

Pros

the individuals you care for.

Cons

management has no respect for their employees; management has double standards; places litle or no value on their employees and much disregard for the individuals in their care.

learn how to value your employees, learn how to give value to your employees, and LEARN HOW TO TELL THE TRUTH to your employees, be consistent with policies and procedures and the implementation thereof, treat all employees as you treat all employees.

This company could be oh so much more

I have been working at Community Services Group, Inc.

Pros

The clients we provide servies to. To watch them grow and develop is a sight to behold. I have had several clients come through my home, and know many others, they are true jewels, and deserve better than the garbage this company is putting them through.

Cons

CSg is a for profit company. For Susan Blue's profit. She is beholden to the almighty dollar. If the state new how this company is run at the residental levels, they would shutter the whole company. Clients in homes are now alloted 36.00 per week for food. How can you feed a client 21 meals a week on that? They hire some of the most incompetent people I have ever seen. Our program director is useless. She offers no leadership or guidence to her APD's who then cannot lead the rest of us.

The biggest thing that could be done is turn the company from for profit, to a non-profit one. This would show a commitment to the clients and people we provide services for. Ms. Blue needs to divest herself from this company, and prove that when she looks at a client she sees something else besides dollar signs. Form a committee of former and current employees to overhaul the company. Be more fair in compensation for employees, esp. middle management. Be fair in all practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Community Services Group, Inc.