There are newer employer reviews for Community Tax

It's a great place to work.

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can be successful if you want to be, it's up to you. It's a sales job, so it's what you make of it. They provide the tools and it's up to you to use them. The company makes it fun and competitive. The owners are nice. The new downtown office is nice and conveniently located. I enjoy working here.

Cons

They expect you to do your job and work hard but what company does not expect that. I really would not want to work for a company that did not expect their employees to work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great opportunity and fantastic people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Community Tax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work in this company are fantastic. They are professional but they also know how to have fun. I have never worked with such an amazing group of individuals. The atmosphere is also almost family like. It's a big company, but we work together in addition to socializing. Management will listen to suggestions from the employees. Employees are allowed to make substantial contributions to the company's policies and procedures. And hard work and loyalty are rewarded.

Cons

The company is growing very fast and so change can be challenging. But those that rise to the challenges are rewarded. So really, this is not a con.

Advice to Management

Continue your open door policy and continue to reward employees that contribute to your growth.

2. This was a learning experience of a job

Former Employee - Case Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Community Tax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros to working at this place is that the co-workers are truly friendly. The work is meaningful because you are helping people. I no longer work there but know that I have friends for life from that place. They feed you good on the Holidays, and have libations when the company has met their goal for the month!

Cons

The cons to working there is that turnover is extremely high. Another thing is that you have to wait 6 months for health benefits to kick in.

Advice to Management

Try and get it right. You've been in business 4-5 years. This is no longer a start-up, stop treating it as such.