Community of Hope

Missions Driven Organization

Former Employee - Administration
Former Employee - Administration

I worked at Community of Hope full-time

Pros

Community of Hope is an awesome place to work. The mission of the organization really makes a difference in the community.

Cons

As with many non-profits, the budget can be tight which prevents the latest software from being used.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Community of Hope (View Most Recent)

Great workplace! Great mission!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Community of Hope full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked at Community of Hope since 2006, and the experience has been great. The organization provides really important services to homeless and low-income families. It's really great to go to work every day feeling like what you do will make a difference in your community.

Professional advancement and pay have been amazing for me. The organization has grown over time, which creates opportunities for advancement. In 8 years, I have had 4 promotions with raises plus a raise every year based on my performance. The benefits are also good. They pay 100% of my health, dental, and vision insurance, and I get 4 weeks paid vacation and almost 2 weeks of paid sick leave every year.

I really enjoy the people I work with. Leadership has consistently been approachable and they really listen. They are fair and care about employees, and there is a lot of transparency. The executive director knows everyone's names, even as the organization gets bigger.

The work culture is good too. It's fun and positive. There are staff retreats twice a year, where you can meet other people in the organization, learn, relax, and hear about where the organization is headed and how it is performing overall. Staff also get to have a lot of input in the strategic planning process.

Overall, working at Community of Hope has far exceeded my expectations.

Cons

As with many nonprofits, starting salaries aren't stellar. But, as I mentioned, everyone gets a raise every year, and there is a lot of room for advancement, so this makes up for the starting salary after a year or two.

Interesting experience, mired in low pay and frustration

Current Employee - Case Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Community of Hope full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many of the employees really cared about their work and worked hard

Cons

Too many employees appeared to be not at all invested in their work.

There are newer employer reviews for Community of Hope