Comodo

www.comodo.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Comodo

REVOLVING DOOR! You can't possibly succeed here!

Former Employee - Sales in Jersey City, NJ
Former Employee - Sales in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Comodo

Pros

Nice location near the mall. Very good product to be sold.

Cons

Non-existent training, favoritism, totally dishonest managment team. As someone else mentioned, it's amazing how a few "stars" can get quality leads that turn into big sales, while others can hardly make quota. Even out the playing field so that others can become stars too! In this economy people are eager to do a good job, but if they're asked to leave without being given a fighting chance you're only hurting yourself.

We all know the bottom line is about making money, so provide better training and give qualifed leads to everyone so that your staff can have a fighting chance! If you invest time in people they will be able to give you the return on your investment. But this revolving door policy only ensures that you have a constant barage of people in and out of the business. Does that make any sense at all!!

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

We have revamped our hiring process as well as our initial training with workshops, spot training and more role plays.

The workshops have been useful in giving potential new employees a glimpse
... More

134 Other Employee Reviews for Comodo (View Most Recent)

A Company Fraught with Nepotism, Mismanagement and Outrageously High Turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Comodo

Pros

A great location adjacent to the mall and convenient to all rail transportation. There is potential to add some skills to your resume. It is a desirable, high-growth industry.

Cons

Doors are constantly closed with back stabbing and unprofessional behavior going on and people looking the other way afraid to say anything for fear of losing their jobs. The motto is shut up and put up or you’re fired. At any given moment they will tap you on the shoulder and tell you to leave within the hour. You have never seen a revolving door like this in your life. Everyone here is actively looking to get out and miserable. You can expect to hear screaming matches berating employees in public on a regular basis, doors slamming, and unprofessional behavior all around.

Stop churning through people; it's disgusting especially in this economy. Get rid of the CEO and his brother and replace them with experienced business people who have training in ethics, HR and management. People should care about other people in order to succeed but this CEO doesn’t get it because all he sees are dollar signs for himself. Someone should be watching!

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

“Thank you for your input, it is most valued. We have been hard at work developing a more positive culture at Comodo that all employees can be proud of.

Good luck in what the future holds.”

Relief on leaving

Former Employee - Dreadful People and A Dreadful Place in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Dreadful People and A Dreadful Place in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Comodo

Pros

Advancement can be quick if you're liked by senior management. Technically there is the scope to pick up new skills and boost your resume. Location by the Mall is handy, and the links from Manhattan by PATH are great.

Cons

From the CEO down the place is full of cliques. Step on the wrong toes and you will quickly find yourself removed from the company. Trying to effect any sort of change depends utterly on the buy-in of the CEO, he micromanages everything, and interferes in every last decision. You can tell how well your employment is going by the amount of interest he shows in you. The day he tells you he's not interested is the day you're getting fired! People are fired officially for one reason, but there is always a sub-context. Within the technical side there are certain primadonna individuals who hold incredibly levels of power, and you cross them at your peril. They refuse to share key information, and when you push the issue they run home crying and your find yourself on the edge of being removed. A lot of the senior managers are total yes men and women, they are so weak and pathetic it's hard to do anything, it is a frustrating place to work. The harder you try the less rewards you find on offer. Training is non existent, career development is at the whim of the CEO, you may get a more impressive title, but you won't get any benefits or an increase in salary. The worst thing though are the cliques, you're either in or you're out. If you get into one, and then find yourself out then your days are numbered. I worked that out for myself and was already looking elsewhere when the axe fell on me. The convenient location for the Mall and transport aren't enough to overcome the horrors of working for Comodo.

Remove Melih and the bulk of the Executives, and bring in proper management and controls. It could be a good company, but is ruined by endless micromanagement, nasty minded cliques, and a complete lack of direction.

Aug 8, 2014Manager, Talent & Acquisition

Getting buying in from our CEO and building a consensus around proposed changes is a part of our culture. However, once the CEO buys in, he will provide the resources to get the job done.

Sorry