There are newer employer reviews for CompAndSave.com

The most dynamic work environment i have ever worked at...

Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist in Newark, CA
Current Employee - Online Marketing Specialist in Newark, CA

I have been working at CompAndSave.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at CompAndSave since they moved from Portland to Bay Area (early 2013) Since i joined the company, the company has been growing pretty fast. Every other month, we have new additions to every department. The company has lot's of potential, and no doubt they will be one of the industry leaders in couple years. To summarize my experience so far: * Friendly environment * Flexible management, always open for new ideas * Supports employees to learn new things. Company even compensates for training * Snacks all the time

Cons

Need some perks to make life here fun!

Advice to Management

Need more hires!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Extremely disorganized, needs better training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at CompAndSave.com full-time

Pros

Free snacks (occasionally) and partial public transportation reimbursement.

Cons

This place is one of the most disorganized companies I've ever worked for. You would think they were a start up, instead of a 12 year old company. There is also 0 training for new hires; people are expected to train themselves with internal documents and 3rd party websites (some of us were trained via YouTube videos!) The CEO is too hands on with all company decisions (major and minor) and forces his management team to micromanage their employees, to the downfall of the team. As of now there are no true benefits as the CEO failed to sign up for group benefits during open enrollment. Employees are given a stipend and forced to find insurance themselves. Vacation is not available until a year after employment as well. Also, the employees are underpaid for what they are doing and there is a general sense of dissatisfaction in the office.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they're worth and tone down the micromanagement. You hired adults, not children. They don't need constant oversight to perform. Get your employees real insurance and a real vacation policy- you shouldn't have to wait a year to take vacation.