CompHealth

Meh...

Former Employee - Locum Tenens Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Locum Tenens Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth

Pros

Managers are hit and miss, but many of them are ok to work for. The work location isn't bad at all (mouth of the canyon, so skiing is easy after work). generally people are satisfied with the work they do

Cons

Working at CompHealth is nothing special. They're rather behind the ties when it comes to modern marketing and web technologies (so basically you aren't getting the best leads) and they're a very old-school telesales company (as in, don't talk too long trying to sell or building rapport, or you won't hit the dial metric). Sales systems are a bit antiquated and they're just now hopping onto salesforce (2+ year development that still isnt completed)
They say they put employees first, and try to show evidence of it, but really, its superficial. Employee appreciation week essentially means the executive team ride scooters around, toss candy, bring in some speaker, and let you go home an hour early on friday (assuming your team performed exceptionally that week).
Oddly, benefits, are pretty lackluster for a healthcare company. Education is not valued at all (you have to qualify to receive 1k of tuition reimbursement after working there over a year) and hardly anyone in the organization has a bachelors, let alone an MBA (it's viewed as a bad thing... honestly).

Update systems for employees, do better SEO, promote education

42 Other Employee Reviews for CompHealth (View Most Recent)

Worst job I ever had in my whole life, SO glad I quit

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Murray, UT

I worked at CompHealth

Pros

Great If.... you have NO WHERE else to work
    There is some money to be made....If you're willing to hate your life

Cons

The cubicles are awful tiny little things everyone can see over...
    The managers treat you like your incompetent
    The place is heartless, they would fire you in a second if your numbers drop for a week or 2
    The job is extremely boring
    All the management takes themselves WAY too seriously and expect you to as well
    This place sucked the life out of me... I can't even explain it, but I'd rather live under a bridge than work here
    They turn you into a freaking robot, there is no room for individual skills, talents, or personality. It's tyranny corporate culture.

Try to empower your employees and let them know you trust and like them individually.
    An employee that feels unimportant is miserable. All the company parties aren't worth crap, employees need one-on-one nurturing and happy interactions. Stop wasting your money on stupid, fat parties and spend it on better, more experienced managers.

Overall, it was a good experience.

Former Employee - Housing Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Housing Coordinator in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at CompHealth

Pros

The benefits and work-life balance they offer are beyond compare. The atmosphere in which I worked is was also really great.

Cons

The local management was not always as receptive as what I felt they could have been in regards to employees. The rate of pay for the work also could be improved upon.

I would advise that the local management at each office be more receptive in listening to their employees. I think they should also look upon improving the rate of pay for their business partners.

There are newer employer reviews for CompHealth