There are newer employer reviews for CompHealth

Great job for the right person

Former Employee - Locums Sales  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Locums Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits. Free Clinic. Somewhat flexible with time off and encourages work life balance. Company encourages individuality.

Cons

Your success depends upon which team you end up on, and you have no choice in the matter. But, for such a large company, they have done the best they can to try and make it fair.

38 Other Employee Reviews for CompHealth (View Most Recent)

Physician recruiter

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice building, gym on site, nice management, healthcare on site, company training

Cons

If you like working at call centers and want to hate your job for a couple years until you build your pipeline of doctors, then this is the place. if you have a degree- you can find much better quality of work elsewhere where there is room to be creative. This company has a formula to tell you what to do and you can't do anything outside of that.. Its like you have to make 250+ calls week after week after week for 6+ months to try and find a couple doctors to work with. After you do all that, then you have to convince your team to believe in your doctor and actually place them. Also have to deal with doctors that think they are the president of the United States.

Please when you hire new talent, make sure you give VERY clear expectations of what this job entails and how long it take to actually make any money. They should have employment fairs for people out of high school and not waste the time of people with degrees.

CompHealth is a staffing agency you need to avoid

Former Employee - Laboratory Professional  in  Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Laboratory Professional in Billings, MT

I worked at CompHealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel and yes, this is the only Pro I could think about

Cons

paycheck mistakes, misleading or flat our liars for representatives, poor housing, poor pay, expensive yet poor benefits, inconsistency, poor management, poor communication and poor business practices

I must say that I was placed in an awesome laboratory with great Technologists, but my experience with my employer was horrid. In 8 months they have changed the travelers handbook thrice, have made extensive promises they can not keep and place traveling professionals in substandard places to live. If you get a paycheck that is accurate consider yourself lucky and expect to get nickled and dimed to death.

I have had two different "managers" covering my assignment both of which have no idea what a Medical Technologist does other than we work in a lab. No one at CompHealth has made a visit to this work site or ever performed a face to face with this client but seem to think they know everything about the area, living and social conditions and environment you are being placed. You would think such a successful business would have a QA department or atleast a provider support department instead of giving us a "manager" that has no clue. Traveling to a strange place with no support system other than your "manager" means placing a lot of trust in someone you dont know and this company doesnt understand that concept...they are our life line and at times never even return your phone call.

If you are not a Doctor or working for a contact that is paying CompHealth top dollar beware of the support and service you receive or lack there of.

Find out who your strongest employees are...not just the ones in Salt Lake or Florida...but rather your real employees...the ones in the field acting in your behalf to your clients...the ones actually performing the service you are selling. Get some recruiters that KNOW what they are doing and who do not make promises they can not keep. Fish out the liars in the company...they make you all look bad. Pay a visit to some of your "providers" work sites to see how things are and check out the conditions we are working in and living in...care for your travelers not just your Utah or Florida office employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CompHealth

Worked for CompHealth? Contribute to the Community!