Companion Hospice

RN Case Manager

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Companion Hospice full-time

Pros

Strong feild staff, very supportive,knowledgable and compassionate.

Cons

Team Managers often give professionally suspect advice, perpetuating a profound mistrust of their clinical knowledge. Seem to be focused on the bottom line.
Never seem to be able to locate standards of practive guidelines

Review clinical skills and try to remember why you entered into this field in the first place.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Companion Hospice (View Most Recent)

Field staff at Companion Care Hospice

Current Employee - Decline to State in Downey, CA
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Downey, CA

I have been working at Companion Hospice full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The field staff have great hearts and skill. Families are provided with great care despite lack of support from supervisors through upper management.

Cons

No raises; preshool level games designed by management to address paperwork rather than serious training; supervisors with no field experience; policies that conflict with Medicare guidelines; frequent layoffs; high caseloads; staff are assigned all over the place and mileage is paid at $0.44 a mile; and upper management who do not listen to field staff and behave embarassingly at company functions.

Your staff do not trust you and the policy of laying off and then hiring per diem without training is killing this company. You are going to lose your staff.

Heart to Heart

Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in Orange, CA

I have been working at Companion Hospice as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This company provides support to families and clients when they need help the most. It's an honorable service and a life worth living. The schedulers are delightful and professional.

Cons

Communication and sharing information to better our Nurses and improve the lives of our clients does not exist. The management office presents like and old, scattered preschool office, and it's hard to take it seriously. We are skillfully pulled off topic in an erratic manor or simply told that they returned our call to tell us they are too busy to return our call.

Diplomas, Awards and awe inspiring "Nurses are Professionals with Goals" posters on the wall tell me a great deal about you.

There are newer employer reviews for Companion Hospice