Good Company

Current Employee - Supervisor in Regina, KY
Current Employee - Supervisor in Regina, KY

I have been working at Compass Group Canada full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunity and more units

Cons

sorry i couldn't find any rite now

Advice to Management

keep the good work

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Second Cup Barista at The Ottawa Hospital

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Compass Group Canada full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great customers and coworkers. There are periods of fast paced, busy work mixed in with slow, relaxed time periods. The customers are almost all regulars since the location is in a hospital. Customers are mainly all friendly and chatty. Plenty of break time. Unionized. Employees often became acquainted with other employees of The Ottawa Hospital which was excellent. The food and beverages are very tasty. Since this job is unionized, the pay is above minimum wage.

Cons

Management was unorganized and rude. They did not trust employees and were obvious about it. Overall, management lowered employee esteem and morale. They would threaten to not give you days off you requested if you did not work overtime. They did not respect seniority regarding hours that were assigned to employees. They would talk about former amployees to current employees in bad ways and even "gossip" about current employees to other current employees. Sub-par people skills and leadership skills. Schedule changes occured often as well as changes within 48 hours which is allowed in the collective agreement but extremely difficult to keep up with. There was limited training upon being hired and mandatory training courses were ignored. Training on how to use the cash was extremely limited but management expected you to be able to fluently use the system and know how to count cash and fill out the respective forms without ever properly explaining the system they used. Management had, at one point, prevented me from communicating with my union representative who was conatcted because members of management could not answer questions about the collective agreement. This specific Second Cup itself is owned by Compass Group Canada and they are responsible for management.

Advice to Management

Management should be more understanding that if they hire students who do not intend to make their work at Second Cup a career, that they have a life outside work and to respect their employees. They should talk to them like people and not like they are stupid. When correcting an employees behaviour, understanding, compassion, listening skills and discipline (if required) should be applied. Management should know their collective agreement with the union and follow it. Every employee should know and understand the collective agreement.

2. Awsome place to work

Current Employee - Cafeteria Supervisor in Cow Head, NL (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cafeteria Supervisor in Cow Head, NL (Canada)

I have been working at Compass Group Canada

Pros

I love serving the children.I also love working alone.

Cons

I wish the pay was higher.I hate doing inventory every month

Advice to Management

Cut inventory to every 6 months.Cut out conference calls.