Compass Group
www.compass-group.com Chertsey, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Look for career opportunities beyond Canteen Vending

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Compass Group

ProsIf you would just like a Monday thru Friday job. The guys who work on the vending trucks have a lot of independence but they must follow their route.

ConsVery poor work atmosphere. It was managment vs. labor all the time. Distrust throughout the branch. As a customer service manager coming from outside a union environment it was very hard to encourage the route drivers that the company really had their best interest in mind. I constantly heard that management didn't care so they were not going to care. As I checked the work of the route drivers I saw this was true of most of them. They filled vending machines not following guidelines and often just skipped machines altogether.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to improve relations with labor so that the union can be voted out.

Compass Group: Not a bad place to work.

Treasury Analyst (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group

Pros: It's a very large company with lots of room for career advancement. Since the company is so large, there's also the opportunity to change careers… Cons: Sometimes the company seems too large. With about 360,000 employees, it's harder for your work to really stand out. You have to be that much… Advice to Senior Management: Nada. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company to work for but frustrating if you want to advance.

Food Service Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Compass Group

Pros: Stabiltiy, responsiblity, accountability, independence, structured Cons: They say they want to promote within but in actuality… Advice to Senior Management: Train management more effectively as can often feel isolated. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Compass Group.

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group CEO Sir Roy A. Gardner. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group employees.