There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

Disappointing, the employee is not important

Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at Compass Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the pros for working for the 4th largest company in the world is that you have a great infrastructure to rely on when you need to & it's worldwide, so making an international transistion is relatively easy

Cons

Everything else about this company is a con. The people they employ, the policies they abide by, the HR department, the pay, the benefits, the growth opportunities and potential, etc. Any and every thing else you can think of.

Advice to Management

My advice to managment is when you take a survey of how things are going, really listen. There are some good ideas. Re-assess what people are paid when a new responsibility is given. Do 360 reviews - where employees get to review the managers. Truly have an open door policy, dont tell people they can talk to upper management when it's frowned upon. Such a large company that cuts corners in every way, should have more money for benefits - they shouldn't be lacking so much. Review each branch of the company first hand. Almost everyone i know that works for Compass is unhappy.

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group

1. I had an ok time working for terrible managers.

Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Compass Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was decent pay and enough hours to keep me happy. I would have preferred a better experience, but it was alright.

Cons

Some of the managers were great, but there were also some who just didn't know how to handle employees. They berated and harassed employees who didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers.

Low pay, oblivious management

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Galesburg, IL
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Galesburg, IL

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some high quality people work here. They take their jobs seriously and for the most part get along with one another. The sniping/gossiping problem is relatively mild.

Cons

Office management is oblivious to the staff. My last year's employee evaluation was almost 3 months late with no explanation. I was highly rated, but then management reneged on my raise, cutting it by two/thirds. Equipment breaks down and stays busted sometimes for weeks(this is partly a hospital management i.e non-Compass failing). Management has cut expenses to the bone and got rewarded for doing so. My hours have been cut twice in three years. My employee evaluation for this year is already a month late, again with no explanation. Some office people don't even want to talk to kitchen employees. Management thinks they can cure all problems with slogans and rah-rah pep talks. And we have more company meetings than Dilbert.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have some people skills. Read W. Edwards Demings' book "Out of the Crisis".