There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

Honestly.... the worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - EVS Associate in Hickman, TN
Current Employee - EVS Associate in Hickman, TN

I have been working at Compass Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hours are great, pay is okay, benefits work out, although can be confusing while its changes so much.

Cons

Managements do not listen to the employees. There are many situations that occur. Harassment, stalking, intimidation's, manipulation's, and lies take place, and we have no one to turn to. Every complaints that have been made are over turned and written off as resolved. In which, seems as if the okay was given for this behavior. This only makes the situations worst for us employee's. Very dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

I understand that working with an associate is easier than the whole fire, and hire process is. But, as time goes on, it will only benefit you to do so. We deserve to be heard. We are a great team. Honest, hard working, and dedicated. Walk outs will happen, due to these situations you continue to be ignore. I pray the right decisions take place and protection is given to us employee's. Not one person is always right. Listen to us, help us, and give us a harassment free environment. You deserve it, and so do we.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Company.!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at Compass Group full-time

Pros

EPA hotline for employees, benifits for part-timers, monthly training sessions, there is a program that will help employees meet their fitness goals (like lossing weight or quitting smoking), vacation pay for full time employees.

Cons

This might just be with my immediate managers, but any rules that weren't in my thin handbook were twisted around. For example, I wanted time off due to a free vacation I won. I was told, I couldn't request ANY time off period. (Not even a day, let only six) because I wasn't hadn't been there a year. Then, once I had been there a year I asked for 4-5 days off due to building stress and I was told I couldn't ask for any time off because I wasn't full time, but I could call around to find someone to fill in for me. Then once I was full time, I asked for time off to take vacation. Guess what? Now, I could only request five days off if I had aquired that much vacation pay.

This also happened with another co-worker over whether or not family members could be hired.

Disappointing, the employee is not important

Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at Compass Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the pros for working for the 4th largest company in the world is that you have a great infrastructure to rely on when you need to & it's worldwide, so making an international transistion is relatively easy

Cons

Everything else about this company is a con. The people they employ, the policies they abide by, the HR department, the pay, the benefits, the growth opportunities and potential, etc. Any and every thing else you can think of.

Advice to Management

My advice to managment is when you take a survey of how things are going, really listen. There are some good ideas. Re-assess what people are paid when a new responsibility is given. Do 360 reviews - where employees get to review the managers. Truly have an open door policy, dont tell people they can talk to upper management when it's frowned upon. Such a large company that cuts corners in every way, should have more money for benefits - they shouldn't be lacking so much.
    Review each branch of the company first hand. Almost everyone i know that works for Compass is unhappy.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group