There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

Honestly.... the worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - EVS Associate  in  Hickman, TN
Current Employee - EVS Associate in Hickman, TN

I have been working at Compass Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are great, pay is okay, benefits work out, although can be confusing while its changes so much.

Cons

Managements do not listen to the employees. There are many situations that occur. Harassment, stalking, intimidation's, manipulation's, and lies take place, and we have no one to turn to. Every complaints that have been made are over turned and written off as resolved. In which, seems as if the okay was given for this behavior. This only makes the situations worst for us employee's. Very dissatisfied.

I understand that working with an associate is easier than the whole fire, and hire process is. But, as time goes on, it will only benefit you to do so. We deserve to be heard. We are a great team. Honest, hard working, and dedicated. Walk outs will happen, due to these situations you continue to be ignore. I pray the right decisions take place and protection is given to us employee's. Not one person is always right. Listen to us, help us, and give us a harassment free environment. You deserve it, and so do we.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group (View Most Recent)

Good Company.!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at Compass Group full-time

Pros

EPA hotline for employees, benifits for part-timers, monthly training sessions, there is a program that will help employees meet their fitness goals (like lossing weight or quitting smoking), vacation pay for full time employees.

Cons

This might just be with my immediate managers, but any rules that weren't in my thin handbook were twisted around. For example, I wanted time off due to a free vacation I won. I was told, I couldn't request ANY time off period. (Not even a day, let only six) because I wasn't hadn't been there a year. Then, once I had been there a year I asked for 4-5 days off due to building stress and I was told I couldn't ask for any time off because I wasn't full time, but I could call around to find someone to fill in for me. Then once I was full time, I asked for time off to take vacation. Guess what? Now, I could only request five days off if I had aquired that much vacation pay.

This also happened with another co-worker over whether or not family members could be hired.

I had an ok time working for terrible managers.

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Compass Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

There was decent pay and enough hours to keep me happy. I would have preferred a better experience, but it was alright.

Cons

Some of the managers were great, but there were also some who just didn't know how to handle employees. They berated and harassed employees who didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Hire better managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!