Compass Group
www.compass-group.com Chertsey, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Good job for flexibility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Compass Group as a contractor for more than a year

ProsIt's a casual job so can supplement your main job or is good if you are a student. Tips can be good depending on the restaurant you are working in. People are generally very nice. Overall it's a good job.

ConsAs it's an event based company, the senior management tend to get very stressed out during the day and can take it out on their staff - you need a thick skin at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can catch more bee's with honey than vinegar..

Multinational company

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Atyrau (Kazakhstan)

I worked at Compass Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: global reach, plenty of opportunity for moving around and upwards,… Cons: Each division and region has managers with varying interpretation of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One big lie. They trick you into thinking you are secure in your role when really they are holding a knife at your back.

Sales Assistant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Compass Group part-time for less than a year

Pros: The co workers, definitely not including management, you meet some of the most amazing and hardworking people… Cons: Management will do anything to cover their backs! They will lie,… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees some trust, rather than expecting us to blindly follow… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Compass Group.

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group CEO Sir Roy A. Gardner. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group employees.