Compass Group
www.compass-group.com Chertsey, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Compass Group: Not a bad place to work.

Treasury Analyst (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group

ProsIt's a very large company with lots of room for career advancement. Since the company is so large, there's also the opportunity to change careers later if I chose to switch careers.
Compensation seems to fair when I look at what my friends at other large companies are making. However, this may not be across the board. I originally applied for a different position at Compass where the starting salary was way under market for the position. Needless to say, I did not take that position until something better came along. Pay increases also seem to be slightly above average, up to 5.5 percent or so. Also depending on your position, there may be occasional market study increases. These are usually on in very specialized positions.

ConsSometimes the company seems too large. With about 360,000 employees, it's harder for your work to really stand out. You have to be that much better than your co-workers when it comes to promotions, especially in a large department or area. The impact of your work to the company can seem to gets lost with so many sub companies, departments, & areas. I've worked for other smaller companies before, & it's definitely better to have fewer bosses or "higher-ups" over you. It just means that there are that many more people to try to impress & people's toes not to step on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNada.

Average place to work

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Compass Group

Pros: Canteen is supported by a large corporate, Compass, with significant resources. There were a lot of good ideas and the company was trying to… Cons: There were a lot of good ideas and programs but executive management did not follow through on programs prior to starting new… Advice to Senior Management: Choose a strategy and follow it. Direction of programs… More

Compass Group needs major improvement

Receptionist (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Compass Group

Pros: I have yet to find one. Cons: Managers talk to you like you are a toddler. Upper… Advice to Senior Management: To treat peole with respect. The people under you do all the work and you get all the credit for it.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Compass Group.

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group CEO Sir Roy A. Gardner. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group employees.