Compass Group

www.compass-group.com

Compass Group: Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Treasury Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Treasury Analyst in Charlotte, NC

Pros

It's a very large company with lots of room for career advancement. Since the company is so large, there's also the opportunity to change careers later if I chose to switch careers.
Compensation seems to fair when I look at what my friends at other large companies are making. However, this may not be across the board. I originally applied for a different position at Compass where the starting salary was way under market for the position. Needless to say, I did not take that position until something better came along. Pay increases also seem to be slightly above average, up to 5.5 percent or so. Also depending on your position, there may be occasional market study increases. These are usually on in very specialized positions.

Cons

Sometimes the company seems too large. With about 360,000 employees, it's harder for your work to really stand out. You have to be that much better than your co-workers when it comes to promotions, especially in a large department or area. The impact of your work to the company can seem to gets lost with so many sub companies, departments, & areas. I've worked for other smaller companies before, & it's definitely better to have fewer bosses or "higher-ups" over you. It just means that there are that many more people to try to impress & people's toes not to step on.

Nada.

Other reviews for Compass Group

Compass Group needs major improvement

Current Employee - Receptionist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Chicago, IL

Pros

I have yet to find one.

Cons

Managers talk to you like you are a toddler. Upper management treats anyone below them like trash.

To treat peole with respect. The people under you do all the work and you get all the credit for it. Show the little people of Compass Group that you care and maybe you will not have such high turn over rate.

Poor managment

Current Employee - Cleaner  in  Haverfordwest, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Haverfordwest, Wales (UK)

Pros

Good supervisor. Fun crew to work with all 3 of them

Cons

Low pay, no pay rise now since 2010, wanting too much to be done in the time limit given normal clean is two hours but yet if done right would take 2 hours 30 mins. Not enough hours so run on skeleton crew so if some one is sick or on holiday no one to cover them since been there they have cut 100 hours a month just for pure profit for who could I guess

Up the hours, if you say your coming down come down, put uniform on different budget instead of cleaning budget ( part of icm compass group) produce ids for the staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group.

Worked for Compass Group? Contribute to the Community!