There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Audio/Visual technician on Microsoft campus

Current Employee - Audio Video Technician in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Audio Video Technician in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the time there is little excess work to do, so getting a maintenance routine down is easy. They do provide regular training on the job, and also CTS certification training later on. Once CTS certified they give a raise. If you show a lot of ambition, it's very likely you will be given a promotion within a reasonable amount of time. Lack of ambition is not punished.

Cons

This particular division of the company is relatively new, so there are some procedures in place that are simply cumbersome and time consuming. We must report all our activities throughout the day.

Some managers play favorites and some coworkers play office politics.

There are uniforms which consist of black dickies pants, black shoes, and a provided polo.

reviews filtered by

Would never work there again!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

The buildings and office environment is nice.

Cons

The IT leadership doesn't have a clue! The top 3 layers of management must have pictures of the CEO doing someing he's not suppose to. They need to clean house! You must be a failure to get a promotion.

Stay where you are at because it is the only place you can succeed. You would be out of a job with some of the bone headed decisions.

2. This company is quick to pile on responsibility with uncompensated promotions.

Current Employee - Food Service Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Food Service Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

I have found that Compass' business plans offer attainable sales goals with realistic expenditure percentages. This translates to descent bonuses at the end of the year. They also take the time to offer proper training for their employees.

Cons

In the three years I've been employed by Compass in the Richmond area I have held three separate positions. This may seem positive since promotions are great, however, compensation for these three promotions were minimal.

Pay people what they are worth. 36k for a 56k position isn't even close.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA