worked hard for 5 years and during the 5th year had tough P&L acct and got let go.

Former Employee - General Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

opportunities to learn and receive training exist. if you are hungry to learn there is a lot offered.

Cons

part of working in a large company is that you are just a number. if you do not work to stand out among your peers you can become stagnant.

we are in the business of providing great customer service and selling good food. the technology we are being asked to use to report our progress is actually becoming a burden to keep up with rather than a tool to support our businesses.

Other Reviews for Compass Group USA

Disappointing

Former Employee - Night Supervisor  in  Westminster, MD
    Former Employee - Night Supervisor in Westminster, MD

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many chances to learn new technique or how to operate new kitchen equipment, as well as getting to experience new dishes.

Cons

The instillation I worked at lacked definitive leadership and communication. A general idea of what was needed would be said but management did not seem to share the same view point; as such misinterpretations and conflicting orders were abundant.

Pay attention to what goes on in all sections of the business. Just because there are good reviews doesn't mean everything is 'good'. Also pay more attention to your workers, they are the face and foundation of all your efforts.

Audio/Visual technician on Microsoft campus

Current Employee - Audio Video Technician  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Audio Video Technician in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most of the time there is little excess work to do, so getting a maintenance routine down is easy. They do provide regular training on the job, and also CTS certification training later on. Once CTS certified they give a raise. If you show a lot of ambition, it's very likely you will be given a promotion within a reasonable amount of time. Lack of ambition is not punished.

Cons

This particular division of the company is relatively new, so there are some procedures in place that are simply cumbersome and time consuming. We must report all our activities throughout the day.

Some managers play favorites and some coworkers play office politics.

There are uniforms which consist of black dickies pants, black shoes, and a provided polo.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!