Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Lots of opportunity, but if you are not in the food sector - little support

Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company boasts an impressive range of contracts, Fortune 50 companies, Education, Military etc, so depending on your area there are lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

The company is food-centric, if you are not in food related role, such as IT, AV, Finance etc. then the company has little support for you. All the policies, raises, company communications are geared for kitchen staff. The company has the contracts in place where it could start pushing other services like Janitorial, Reception, AV, etc but is not activly pursuing this.

Appoint a non-food business development leader to establish the for non-food related services at your existing contracts.

209 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA (View Most Recent)

worked hard for 5 years and during the 5th year had tough P&L acct and got let go.

Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

opportunities to learn and receive training exist. if you are hungry to learn there is a lot offered.

Cons

part of working in a large company is that you are just a number. if you do not work to stand out among your peers you can become stagnant.

we are in the business of providing great customer service and selling good food. the technology we are being asked to use to report our progress is actually becoming a burden to keep up with rather than a tool to support our businesses.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Night Supervisor in Westminster, MD
    Former Employee - Night Supervisor in Westminster, MD

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many chances to learn new technique or how to operate new kitchen equipment, as well as getting to experience new dishes.

Cons

The instillation I worked at lacked definitive leadership and communication. A general idea of what was needed would be said but management did not seem to share the same view point; as such misinterpretations and conflicting orders were abundant.

Pay attention to what goes on in all sections of the business. Just because there are good reviews doesn't mean everything is 'good'. Also pay more attention to your workers, they are the face and foundation of all your efforts.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA