Compass Group USA
compass-usa.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

It is what you make of it, it depends on the client company

Food Service Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMonday through Friday work week, holidays off and other nice perks. If you are a natural leader they let you run the business your way. Lots of training available if you can schedule it.

ConsLower than average salary and no bonus at this account. Management is required to put in 10- 12 hour days, even with the less than stellar salary. This ain't no restaurant, the clientele is a captive audience and the smallest complaint can get elevated to the highest level. Sometimes support is lacking and new manager on boarding can be rough with a lack of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people work hard, compensate them better, or you will lose them.

Chef

Chef Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for less than a year

Pros: warm people, large company structure, opportunity for training classes, location… Cons: Expectations of amount of work people can accomplish is ridiculous,… Advice to Senior Management: re evaluate what you say and what you actually do No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No good

Receptionist (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time

Pros: Hours are pretty easy. Overtime is available. Cons: Poor management, no room for growth, senior staff is hopeless, you're treated like children,… Advice to Senior Management: Take notice in your employees. Reward the few people left who actually care… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group USA employees.