Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com

Good organization

Current Employee - Catering Director  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Catering Director in New York, NY

Pros

Possibility for advancement and transfer in various sister company

Cons

Need to know the right people to get promotion or transfer

Upper management should visit units more often

Other reviews for Compass Group USA

Looks good on paper, but it never reaches down to the hourly level.

Pros

Good place to learn to run a business by the numbers. They will teach you how to read an operating ledger. Flash reports will help you understand where the problems are in your business.

Cons

Food Buy Forced shipments of sub-par food to meet purchasing goals. I understand you need to make money but how many times can I run Raviolis in a month when you drop ship 20 cases of raviolis to me. Then to add insult to injury Upper management lets you know you are not meeting inventory turns and you will be dinged on your yearly review because of the higher Inventory Turns. So my 2.5% raise went to 2.0% increase this year. You seem to forget the region did not meet their Coke bottled beverage Goals so you dropped shipped me 100 cases of Coke Product, and by the way you will have to take about 35 cases of Pepsi because we did not meet that case goal for the region either. Thanks to the drop shipments I now have become the Bubba Blue of Raviolis, I can do raviolis 200 different ways.

I would love to thank Compass Group for teaching me how to understand the operating ledger and Flash Reports. Unethical transfers and mystery cost centers. If you work in the Eurest world you live and breathe the Flash report and your operating ledger. You are only as good as your last statement. These are great tools and will help you understand what is going on in your business. It gets unethical when buried in your ledger are floaters being charged to your unit because the P&L accounts can’t afford to show the loss. Once I had a $400 dollar charge for Mulch show up on my ledger and when I asked my DM he got mad and I was told not to talk about it. Smallwares being purchased for one account and charged to another. Moving losses from P&L accounts to Subsidized accounts is unethical. Most upper management and controllers know what is going on. No one rocks the boat because everyone is making their numbers and happy they have a job.

It is what you make of it, it depends on the client company

Current Employee - Food Service Director
    Current Employee - Food Service Director

Pros

Monday through Friday work week, holidays off and other nice perks. If you are a natural leader they let you run the business your way. Lots of training available if you can schedule it.

Cons

Lower than average salary and no bonus at this account. Management is required to put in 10- 12 hour days, even with the less than stellar salary. This ain't no restaurant, the clientele is a captive audience and the smallest complaint can get elevated to the highest level. Sometimes support is lacking and new manager on boarding can be rough with a lack of training.

Your people work hard, compensate them better, or you will lose them.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!