There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Huge opportunities within a well respected corporate environment.

Current Employee - Executive Chef in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Executive Chef in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to move and transfer anywhere. Plenty of jobs available everywhere. Easy promotions and pay grade increases for those who want to move up. Upper management always there to help and give advice. It's much better working for compass than a private restaurant. My life quality has gotten better exponentially.

Cons

A lot of under achievers working for compass. Those are the people who give it poor reviews.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your teams to the next level.

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA

This Company Needs a Better Support System

Current Employee - Catering Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Catering Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Great growth opportunities. Great ability to relocate. Many different divisions to find one's niche.

Cons

No system in place for upper managerial accountability. The Mid-Atlantic district is being lead by delegation alone. Middle management accountability is stretched. Long work week , 60 + hours just to keep up.

Advice to Management

This district needs to be reviewed

2. A difficult company to work for.

Current Employee - Cook in Brooksville, FL
    Current Employee - Cook in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer full benefits and opportunities to advance in your career.

Cons

Their tardy/absence policy is on a 12-month rolling calendar and conflicts with standard health codes. You are liable to be written up for terminating your shift early (as an hourly associate) due to illness even though you can not work in a commercial kitchen, let a lone a hospital, if you are exhibiting signs of vomiting and/or diarrhea. You have to FIGHT to get help with the advancement of your career. It will constantly be put off, even though they are required to work with you actively beginning when you start and even more so at your annual review. Nothing has been done even though I have asked multiple times how to advance. My director admitted to 'not knowing exactly how I go through the advancement process, or what qualifications I need to meet'.

Advice to Management

Management is not the issue per say. My director is by far one of the most astounding bosses that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is not actually upper management in this company. His lack of help should not fall on his head, but the heads of the people above him. He is vastly over-worked as well. It is the actual corporation and their intolerant policies that make this company difficult to work for. If you are prone to illness, do NOT work for them.