Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com
  www.compass-usa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

A difficult company to work for.

Current Employee - Cook in Brooksville, FL
Current Employee - Cook in Brooksville, FL

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They offer full benefits and opportunities to advance in your career.

Cons

Their tardy/absence policy is on a 12-month rolling calendar and conflicts with standard health codes. You are liable to be written up for terminating your shift early (as an hourly associate) due to illness even though you can not work in a commercial kitchen, let a lone a hospital, if you are exhibiting signs of vomiting and/or diarrhea.

You have to FIGHT to get help with the advancement of your career. It will constantly be put off, even though they are required to work with you actively beginning when you start and even more so at your annual review. Nothing has been done even though I have asked multiple times how to advance. My director admitted to 'not knowing exactly how I go through the advancement process, or what qualifications I need to meet'.

Management is not the issue per say. My director is by far one of the most astounding bosses that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is not actually upper management in this company. His lack of help should not fall on his head, but the heads of the people above him. He is vastly over-worked as well. It is the actual corporation and their intolerant policies that make this company difficult to work for. If you are prone to illness, do NOT work for them.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA (View Most Recent)

Depends Which Sector You Work In

Current Employee - Catering Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Catering Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time

Pros

Large Employer- many opportunities globally

Cons

Some sectors better managed than others

Chef

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Denver, CO

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best Chefs around. very strong and we know what we are doing. Lots of things always going on and you can learn from other Chefs in the corporation. They will teach you the Morrison Way.

Cons

The Management is so poor They never give you the help you need to get the job done you are looking at 12 hours a day with NO support, it is now May we have been short since Dec by 2 FTE'S
    As the Executive Chef you wash dishes, cook and serve food. Its hard to do your job when you are washing pots

Get some help and get the DDS to under stand the needs and positions of all Staff members

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA