There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Too Big for their britches

Former Employee - Chef  in  Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Chef in Orlando, FL

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If I had to pick a pro it would be the people I've met there. The employees are friendly and warm.

Cons

In my opinion, their business model is too focused on the bottom line and not enough on the customer service. They will hack apart labor in a given unit to meet the budget at the cost of upsetting the client and the customer.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for if they retain you

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time

Pros

nice office location in Rye Brook

Cons

Heavy work load not enough training

More on hands training

If your manager is bad, you might as well transfer

Former Employee - Food Service Associate  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Food Service Associate in Memphis, TN

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only 2 pros where I worked were my customers and the non-management co-workers. If management adhered to company standards, this would have been a great job. I have heard that other Compass workplaces are amazing to work for, so hopefully our experiences here are rare.

Cons

I worked there three years--no performance reviews, hours constantly changed, management lied to customers, they were rude to customers, unsafe food practices, they did not post ladder of command info so there was no way to get hold of anyone above them to report any of this, HR not on site so any reports by the workers are dismissed...I loved my customers or I would have left a lot sooner.

HR please make sure the workers have a way to report things to the district and area managers. District and area managers, please make yourself visible and available to the workers, and respect them enough to take them seriously. The managers should have to be held responsible to you and not feel like it's ok to hold their workers hostage.

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!