Compass Group USA

www.compass-usa.com

If your manager is bad, you might as well transfer

Food Service Associate (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsThe only 2 pros where I worked were my customers and the non-management co-workers. If management adhered to company standards, this would have been a great job. I have heard that other Compass workplaces are amazing to work for, so hopefully our experiences here are rare.

ConsI worked there three years--no performance reviews, hours constantly changed, management lied to customers, they were rude to customers, unsafe food practices, they did not post ladder of command info so there was no way to get hold of anyone above them to report any of this, HR not on site so any reports by the workers are dismissed...I loved my customers or I would have left a lot sooner.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR please make sure the workers have a way to report things to the district and area managers. District and area managers, please make yourself visible and available to the workers, and respect them enough to take them seriously. The managers should have to be held responsible to you and not feel like it's ok to hold their workers hostage.

Excellent place to work

Director (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very large company that manages to really care about the… Cons: Healthcare costs seem higher than other companies but that may… Advice to Senior Management: Look internally for qualified candidates first Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Satisfied

Food Service Director (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work/Life Balance, Lots of opportunity for advancement and transferring within… Cons: Pay is less than expected and no bonuses Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!