Compass Group USA
compass-usa.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

A great company if you can get in and find your niche.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoved the autonomy and freedom to think outside the box. I was lucky enough to be a remote employee and had an excellent work-life balance as a result of that. I was able to work with great mentors and coworkers that made themselves available during work and off hours.

ConsSeemed like there was no communication between different offices within corporate. There was a lot of expense report micromanaging. What one person did with their p-card didn't always equate to a team-wide rule. Too much time between communications with Senior staff and remote employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people a little more, some feedback is always good, especially for remote employees that aren't in office on a regular basis.

P&L Driven machine

District Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: the leader in sales volume Cons: its a V/A profit machine nothing else Advice to Senior Management: People make your business take care of them No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very dissapointed

General Manager (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for less than a year

Pros: the promises were not honored, not a pro but I… Cons: poorly managed, lack of communication, unrealistic goals, poor food quality, dirty kitchens, sub par employees.… Advice to Senior Management: complete turn around, support managers, provide training, do what needs to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group USA employees.