There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Good job, allowed for reasonably good quality of life

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits. Had excellent district and regional support. Large company but generally allowed to operate to meet client expectations

Cons

Outside of direct operations the bureaucratic and administrative departments are roadblocks. Purchasing, HR, are consistently slow and at times highly difficult to work with

Insist upon same excellence of support departments that we are expected to deliver in field.

167 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA (View Most Recent)

A great company if you can get in and find your niche.

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the autonomy and freedom to think outside the box. I was lucky enough to be a remote employee and had an excellent work-life balance as a result of that. I was able to work with great mentors and coworkers that made themselves available during work and off hours.

Cons

Seemed like there was no communication between different offices within corporate. There was a lot of expense report micromanaging. What one person did with their p-card didn't always equate to a team-wide rule. Too much time between communications with Senior staff and remote employees.

Believe in your people a little more, some feedback is always good, especially for remote employees that aren't in office on a regular basis.

Very dissapointed

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - General Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

the promises were not honored, not a pro but I had nothing positive to say

Cons

poorly managed, lack of communication, unrealistic goals, poor food quality, dirty kitchens, sub par employees. regional manager is a micro manager and very negative. Stay away from the "Gulf Coast Region"

complete turn around, support managers, provide training, do what needs to be done to build great ops, make the hard decisions, be honest

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!