Compass Group USA
www.compass-usa.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Compass/Eurest is a good opportunity, however, evaluate your account & district manager carefully.

General Manager (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsCompass involves several different divisions. The business dining division Eurest is probably the most demanding of it's management. Overall the benefits, pay and ability for advancement are great for competent individuals. The opportunities to move around the country are great, and to move between divisions. The resources that support the managers are top rate. The pay and benefits for hourly employees is good, so you are able to hire good employees.

ConsTo properly manage an account the hours are very long. Many new managers struggle because the training is quite basic. They give you your account, hang out with you for a week, then they need to go to handle new crisis. When new accounts are opened or special events are slated, management has to work them without any additional compensation. Sometimes, you may work 12 days in a row and it is hard physically and mentally.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of the accounts are not bid correctly and the manager ends up with impossible goals. The biggest problem is that some of the district managers are not capable and their main concern is their bonus. If the upper management took a good look at their district managers and were not afraid to terminate the incompetent ones, there would be great success in some districts that are struggling.

As with any job, there are pros and cons

Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee)

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Continuing education opportunities offered, PTO, job security, opportunities to transfer… Cons: 1)My account has been understaffed for years and I don't see that changing. I think there is some financial incentive for my director to stay… Advice to Senior Management: I feel that adequate staffing is necessary for creating teams… More

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Compass Group USA

Pros: Opportunities for growth as they have their hand in… Cons: Salary is below industry average. More
There are newer reviews on Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Compass Group USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Compass Group USA CEO Gary R. Green. All reviews posted anonymously by Compass Group USA employees.