There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

Compass/Eurest is a good opportunity, however, evaluate your account & district manager carefully.

Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

Compass involves several different divisions. The business dining division Eurest is probably the most demanding of it's management. Overall the benefits, pay and ability for advancement are great for competent individuals. The opportunities to move around the country are great, and to move between divisions. The resources that support the managers are top rate. The pay and benefits for hourly employees is good, so you are able to hire good employees.

Cons

To properly manage an account the hours are very long. Many new managers struggle because the training is quite basic. They give you your account, hang out with you for a week, then they need to go to handle new crisis. When new accounts are opened or special events are slated, management has to work them without any additional compensation. Sometimes, you may work 12 days in a row and it is hard physically and mentally.

Advice to Management

Many of the accounts are not bid correctly and the manager ends up with impossible goals. The biggest problem is that some of the district managers are not capable and their main concern is their bonus. If the upper management took a good look at their district managers and were not afraid to terminate the incompetent ones, there would be great success in some districts that are struggling.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great benefits, subpar management

I worked at Compass Group USA

Pros

Great benefits and opportunity to meet great people

Cons

Lack of leadership and professionalism

2. As with any job, there are pros and cons

Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian
    Current Employee - Clinical Dietitian

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Continuing education opportunities offered, PTO, job security, opportunities to transfer within the company

Cons

1)My account has been understaffed for years and I don't see that changing. I think there is some financial incentive for my director to stay under budget behind this. 2) Often, I leave work feeling I haven't done a very good job because I cannot devote adequate time per patient to truly meet their needs to the best of my ability. 3) Employee satisfaction surveys are not designed to capture meaningful feedback from RDs in Morrison hospital accounts, in my opinion. 4) Performance reviews (the results of which determine % salary increase) are largely based on factors clinical RDs do not have input/influence over (purchasing, budget, managerial duties), so that seems unfair...one is not necessarily rewarded for doing a good job as a clinical dietitian 5) Very minimal pay increases

Advice to Management

I feel that adequate staffing is necessary for creating teams of happy, productive employees with low turnover.