There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

This is an excellent company to work for and you always have room to grow here.

Current Employee - Dining Room Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Dining Room Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work for Compass are great at their job, compassionate, and they all have fun personalities. You always have the opportunity to move up in the company, and they always push for you to do so. They also have accounts all across the country, so if you ever wanted to stay with them, but wanted to move, they are always willing to me accommodating towards that.

Cons

The challenges right now are dealing with constant changing in rules and procedures. However, this is because they are in the middle of redeveloping many aspects of the company for the benefit of everyone in the long run. So it is just temporary. Long term, there are really no cons for working with this company.

Create a way to get more people aware of job opportunities across the country. I know several people who want to move off somewhere but feel that they cannot afford to. This causes them to feel stuck where they are. I have informed some of how you can apply to other jobs in the company at many different accounts across the country, however not everyone is aware. Find out where employees would like to move to, and help them figure out a way to get there.

177 Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA (View Most Recent)

Great Family Company

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is the opportunity to create your career path because its so huge and there is every opportunity imaginable -education and experience helps though. Family friendly in my experience.

Cons

So huge and so different in different sectors of the company (11th largest employer IN THE WORLD). Over 28 sectors (companies) that are autonomous. Also an advantage though - if you want a change you can just change sectors.

Leverage the diversity advantage. This is one of the most diverse and talented workforce that I have come across and there is so much to offer from the diverse set up.

Be ready to fight!

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

opportuity and benefits are good

Cons

salaries are low and enviornments are tough

increased fairness with salaries