Good job to have if you are looking for a better one

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

Vacation time and range of products

Cons

Lack of professionalism and room to grow

Need to review what people are doing and their competencies

Other Reviews for Compass Group USA

a very long expericene with the company but can't seem to grow with it.

Current Employee - Tray Aid/Supervisor  in  Biloxi, MS
    Current Employee - Tray Aid/Supervisor in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

It's really not many good reason to work for this company because there's no paid holiday,birthday or etc. At the end of the year they give you something call wellness pay and that's everything for the whole year that you worked for. I just finish with school and by me having this training hopfully I could futher my career somewhere else.

Cons

By working with this company for a long period of time, it just does't seem to be a very good working environment. Because when you have a problem their's no one to listen to you, no one to back you up. I enjoy working around food and different people but compass has'nt showed me anything after 10 years of service.

My advice to management is to try to improve their working skills with their employees, talk to them because after all they are the ones doing the work, make them feel appreicated.

Life at Compass Group Corporate -- A Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Compass Group USA

Pros

Flexible schedules, above average development opportunities for middle/upper managers, good IT support and technology, Blackberrys for most managers, supports diversity (really), financially stable company with an excellent balance sheet, Gary Green may not be a warm person but he knows how to manage the money and drive business.

Cons

This is a very conservative British company, due to the nature of the business (food service) employee costs for health care and dental benefits seem high when compared to other large companies in Charlotte, tuition reimbursement program is weak, 2010 was a banner year for Compass Group but few corporate middle managers reaped rewards, this company has billions in the bank and is handing out 2% raises for high performers, an extraordinary number of the executives are British.

Promote from within, improve employee benefits, give good raises when business is good (perfect example of corporate greed)

There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA.

Worked for Compass Group USA? Contribute to the Community!